AutoDesSys

formZ v9.0.3 Now available

Tech

6- colors palettes

6.1 impossible to delete colors

6.2 in the menu “colors... top bottom sort purge” item does not works

Brandon response

6) In the Color palette, you can override colors by clicking the color box where you want your custom color stored, then setting the color you want and clicking the Add to Custom Colors button. Unless you mean Materials, which can be deleted, sorted, purged okay now. You should no longer have issues with the Materials palette, but the Color palette might not have full functionality due to the OS.

4.png.1681919fa7161718815ea5c9ecdd28cb.png5.png.808d5561d013776e31338932e19d9669.png6.png.f4ef5d3d4a0316b046b9d43e7f6cf8f2.png

as you see if i delete a color it stays
if I purge all remain

if I try again on a color that has remained then the delete item is grayed out

So either you have not tried to reproduce this on FZ draft layout on win 10
or I drank too much

line weight palette

7-8

7-8) You can get to the Line Weight Parameters by either double-clicking the line weight, or right-clicking the line weight and selecting Edit from the drop down menu. You can edit any line weight besides Line Weight 1, which is locked at those parameters.

After examining further:
The first line is blocked
But it is possible to rename with a slow double click
On the other hand, a quick double click opens the parameters which are all grayed out.
why is it possible not to rename via settings?

Why are these parameters blocked?
I can understand that the program refuses an empty palette but why not give access to the parameters of the locked line?

Then you create two new line widths.
Then left click then "sort"
Now the first line is always marked by the lock (note that this is no longer the original default line)
Double click on to display its parameters
The value initially created (here 0.1 mm) has not been kept, it is now 0 (this is not normal)
we continue: I restore the value 0.1
Double click on the line corresponding to the first original line: the values are blocked while the line is not marked by the lock
Unless I am mistaken, this operation is not normal ...

Finally I persist in saying that it is not possible to sort the lines in the order we want (as in Z6) except to name them alphabetically and to apply the command "sort"

ITEM 9 and 14

After multiple tests
1- I can't detach the action palette or drag it into the bottom dock
If it works for you make me a screen shot with an action palette at the bottom left ...
(win 10)

The input, navigation tool and project palettes remain linked to the dock in which they are placed by default
It is therefore absolutely impossible to display them if these docks are not ...
Anyway, here I haven't figured out how to do it ...
If you succeed then make a screen shot (win 10)

in the end here is roughly what i do best ...

image.thumb.png.e557a3992d97ae2a23b2154cb7bcadfe.png

and my reference in Z6

image.thumb.png.712fe18fabe1d5024fe026b293771947.png

NEW POINT
If you work with a new independent windows each time you take the mouse out of the window this one deactivates.
Whenever you change tools for example.
Each time you enter again, you must first click to reactivate it, then act on the tools
This amounts to systematically requiring an additional click
It's super boring!
I deduce that Z9 is designed to work with non-independent windows, while offering these independent windows ...
It would not be bad if the docks worked properly ...

WARNING
I see this in FZ9 DRAFT LAYOUT as well as in FZ9 PRO (modeler)

Ztek , Brandon

Well, at the end of my long explanations I would like rather than sweeping my observations with the back of the sleeve, you take the time to look and read carefully ...

I do not pretend to be systematically right.
But frankly say that what we see here on our two machines is false because you do not take the time to test it carefully is in bad faith.

I'm not in the habit of throwing fake news just for fun!
Why will I do it?

So if you really manage to accomplish what I can't do, prove it!
Make a demonstration video of the interface of FZ 9 Draft layout on Windows 10 or make screen shots that will allow me to understand what I can't do or diagnose our machines here

jl,

I Too have the problem with deleting or purging colors.  The rest I have not taken the time to test.

Only a suggestion, ADS has noted on multiple occasions to email bugs, etc...  Presumably, this means their CR system/database doesn't work with the forum.  Here, your concerns are likely to just get lost in the noise.

There is a lot of speculation regarding their status. I don't feel the need to speculate there. I just have no way to know, confirm or deny said speculation.  And, I love to speculate!

Cheers!

¢£

Edited by Chris lund

18 hours ago, Chris lund said:

Only a suggestion, ADS has noted on multiple occasions to email bugs, etc...  Presumably, this means their CR system/database doesn't work with the forum.  Here, your concerns are likely to just get lost in the noise.

yes I am aware of that ...
except that in this case I did not receive a response ...
ok covid etc ...
except that if i swing a big rant on the forum the answer falls direct
pity to have to arrive there
once again and this was said clearly and not that by me if autodessys manages to integrate that our community is benevolent and that it is necessary to listen to it... so it will be much better and it will avoid bankruptcy so quark x press

6 hours ago, jldaureil said:
On 5/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, Chris lund said:

yes I am aware of that ...
except that in this case I did not receive a response ...
 ok covid etc ...
except that if i swing a big rant on the forum the answer falls direct
pity to have to arrive there
once again and this was said clearly and not that by me if autodessys manages to integrate that our community is benevolent and that it is necessary to listen to it... so it will

We answered you on Apr 27 (@13:08 EST) via email and you even quoted these responses in your recent posts,  but we did not receive an email response back you except for the recent forum posts. 

Your recent posts include a lot more detail about the issues that you were encountering. Thank you for the additional information. We are investigating these and will get back to you shortly.

Please use email for technical support issues as this is the best and fastest method to communicate with the support team.