AutoDesSys

Learning Python with fZ slant

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, So, I have a pretty good map of what to provide.  

But, we need a couple or a few simple projects.  The first one we will do is a duplication of the Attention script from the old days. If anybody has enhancements for it, we can do that too.  Keep in mind, not all projects are doable at this time due to the limited API.  Even if they aren't we can work on parts that are doable.

¢£

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pobo,

I haven't yet.  Apologies.  I do want to, but there are things I had been waiting for in the SDK (admittedly, they may be there by now as I haven't checked lately.)

At this point, I have some things to get through with my business.  Then I will see what I can do.

best!

¢£

• 1 month later...

Justin,

I have been working through the documentation again. and playing with some ideas for my personal curiosity.  I could probably get some really basic videos out.  Right now, in my opinion, the SDK needs a lot added to it to offer true value.  I am not sure if that would frustrate people or not.

That being said, I am pretty sure that is coming, and I suppose it wouldn't hurt for people to dip their toes into it.  Makes for not having to learn it all at once.  I suppose that the more people that show interest, may provide an impetus as well.

Too, python really has a lot of uses outside of formZ too.    Right now, I am building a system to read PDF Purchase orders I get emailed to me.  Extract the data, populate that data into our accounting system, build Packing List labels in PDF format and print them out... etc...   I have a long way to go, but I do have the PDF data extraction and the building the PackList Labels functional.   Most of the work was done over the weekend.

¢£