AutoDesSys

v9.0.2.1 errors...

Hugo

Tech,

as you probably saw in your mailbox, I have sent issues about v9.0.2.1. 

For those who want to know I will summarize here what they are. Tech got my links to the movies, as usual.

1 component error: issues about components; just disappear, rotating without intention, 2D information as part of the component is moving outside the component in the model in full shaded mode. If placing a component with the 2d in it, after saving the file and opening again all components are moved to the x0y0z0 position. Then, you can't move them anymore, they jump back to 0,0,0 the point I used when created the component.

2 material duplicates: If placing a component made on a layer which is also stored in my template file, the component will use the same layer as already there in my template file. This is not gonna happen with materials. The material in my template is a Maxwell reference file and is the same one for the objects I created using that material. I created a component with Maxwell material A, the same material A as stored in my template file. Import the component will make a copy and will not use the Maxwell material A from the template file, instead it will use the shaded FormZ material. Not what should, because the render result is not what was intended.

3 snapping error: The component placed in the file is loosing the snap options. What I found out sometimes is, zoom out the model, snapping is visible, but sometimes we have to zoom in closer to snap to the point we want. And this is not working.

4 solid boolean difference error: The solid object is damaged after difference with an other solid object. It lost a face of the object.

5 tap key: I found out the TAB key (or was it the option) is not working, if we want to toggle between options like single copy, multiple copy etc.

6 shaded and full shaded: if working in a model and there are many objects in it, and you are modeling in a part of the model, shaded and full shaded are inverting the objects. Zoom fit and zoom in again will solve.

7 tools in the UI disappear: after switching to edit cone of vision, the tools at the top of the screen disappear. Quit and open the file will solve.

Normally I am not communicating these findings on the forum, but now I was wondering if someone else recognizes these issues. Hopefully nobody else got these errors!

Hear from you users...

And stay all in good health.

Edited by Hugo

1-3, I seldom ever use components, so can't comment.

4. I boolean a lot, including difference, and the only time I ever see a problem is if there is something goofy with the original geometry.

5.  the "option" key works for me.

6. Must not have enough objects.

7. Not having that issue.

Hugo,

Well, I do actually have a use for them.  However, that depends on them being scriptable.  As I understand will be the case.   

The issues you mention do appear to be quite disruptive.  The little I played with them in 9, I have had issues with the doors/windows performing their boolean operations correctly.  I have reported it.  Your specific issues, I haven't experienced.  Then again, I haven't played with them enough to see the behavior.

1-3: I never use components, or blocks in the past.

4: No issues, with my "clean modeling” habits.

5: It work for me now, after last update.

6: No issues.

7: YES, it happens to me also... I solve it by resetting my personalized Modeling Workspace first and then importing it again, or quit and reopening as you do.

In relation with No. 7, in my case when this happens, although the active workspace in the Workspace menu is still Modeling, in the Workspace Mannager it changed to Edit Cone Of Vision... this option is not even listed in the menu, which for me is already a bug... however, if I go to the Workspace Mannager and change to Modelling workspace, the palettes are still not displayed in the Tool Dock and the only option is the one I explained before.

In reality, I don't use Edit Cone Of Vision any more, in part because of this problem that’s very distracting, and that I think it started happening form the beginning, after version 6 and in Bonzai3D too.

On a side note, I've been saving all my preferences files, templates and custom work files (.fmz (templates), .zpf, .zws and .sct) in a separate folder, outside the "autodessys" folder of the system... which is highly recommended!

I work on MacOS 10.13.6

Edited by ZTEK