AutoDesSys

form•Z Tips and Tricks updated

Tech

Thank you for giving some attention to this page as I think it was Paul's baby. Will we see new content eventually?

Also, the FAQ page would be nice to see again or have I just been missing it? If I recall, it needed a version update last I'd seen.

Thanks for reading,

Joe

The content has been updated to be current to formZ v9 and some new items have already been added, We will be adding more over time. We still need to determine how to identify the new additions as they are released.

Not to take away from Paul's memory, but to be fair the Tips and Tricks were someone else's "baby". Paul did foster the FAQ section which we are also working on updating.

Thanks for setting me straight Z, I must have been thinking of the FAQ with respect to Paul, and my apologies to the real daddy. Very glad to read your response. I'll spend some more time on the new tips page. 

Stay well,

Joe

Question of the Tips:

Am methodically going through the tips and tricks... Good Stuff!

Am attempting this one now.

http://www.formz.com/fzsite1219/manuals/TnT/index.htm#t=Create_an_Object_Array_along_a_NURB_Surface.htm

Am wondering, if there is a way so that for every point along the U dimension, could we space the lines evenly along the V?    On my attempt, the spacing between the applied segments are not.  Even though, the starting parallel lines were all equidistant.

The image here taken in the XY plane, shows that the lengths are different   (There is no Y displacement)   What I am seeing here could make sense if the control lines were somewhat in the same spacing, being a higher density on the right than the left. but they aren't.   The lowest Density of the controls were Nearer the middle, not to the left where the longest resulting curved segment is.

The example makes it look like each line is equidistant for every location in the other direction.   Am I doing something wrong, or seeing the example wrong.?

868417573_ScreenShot2020-04-08at1_38_06AM.thumb.png.7daf7b1559b878637d1cb4f76a5b770b.png

Thanks!

¢£

On 4/8/2020 at 11:21 AM, Tech said:

The content has been updated to be current to formZ v9 and some new items have already been added, We will be adding more over time. We still need to determine how to identify the new additions as they are released.

Not to take away from Paul's memory, but to be fair the Tips and Tricks were someone else's "baby". Paul did foster the FAQ section which we are also working on updating.

Yes it was Matthew Holewinski who did most of these.

• 1 month later...