AutoDesSys Forums
Bo Atkinson

custom poly mesh

Has anyone seen a way to make equilaterally triangular mesh, with the Poly Mesh tool? It took me quite a while to figure this without automation, doing it manually and I see nothing about how to get equilateral triangles in the manual. Any info on all the possible combinations of options with the Poly Mesh tool?

poly-mesh-how-to.png.354c37af574526cd0d273c82d9e541a0.png

I don't see any way that the poly mesh tool will generate what you want.  not in a single step any way.

I attempted to do a 1D grid, then rotate by 60º do it again, then rotate 60º and do it a 3rd time.   but the second application places the grid lines in odd places.

Tried it with the regular mesh too, but it does odd things too.

Best way I figured was manual construction using the s-Split in combination with the join and stitch tools.    

the serrated edges like yours was applied after the fact, by the lasso pick tool and deleting the edge polys.

1588678736_ScreenShot2020-03-21at12_38_48PM.thumb.png.3c73374c0ae7eaf2f132339e440d38ec.png

Posted (edited)

I used move +  multi-copy which is Ok but I'd hate to miss out on automatized tool methods. The manual seems to hint at supposedly available options which are not explained. Thanks for affirmation.

Edited by Bo Atkinson