AutoDesSys

Palette weirdness in Mac 10.15.3

JorgeLourenco

A minor aside, I do not love the inspector becoming a separate palette from pick options. This arrangement just makes the palettes take up more vertical space with an extra 

I am having a difficult time sizing palettes once they are docked. I find I need to pull them out to see the little handle, adjust them then put them back.

I also have a hard time knowing if the palette im docking will snap above or below where im trying to place it. I usually have to fuss with it too much. Please look at how Adobe handles it—much better with blue light up bars indicating where the palette will insert. Sizing while docked is also easier in Adobe software.

One thing they added to v9 that you might take advantage of is the ability to dock multiple palettes together now to make Combo Palettes.  In other words you can place palettes within palettes in order to save on real estate.  This should help you organize your workspace better.

From the form.z manual:

All of the palettes that display project contents (materials, objects, layers, line weights etc.) are now “combo” palettes. The palettes can be combined to save screen space. When combined a row of icons will be displayed at the top the palette for each of the combined content. Selecting the icon displays the respective content in the palette. By default, the Views, Scenes, Reference Planes. Clipping planes, Selection sets, Line weight and Line Styles are combined into a single palette at the bottom of the right dock.

Command + click-drag (Mac OS) or Ctrl + click-drag (windows) one palette onto another to combine them. The same method can be used on the icon at the top to drag the content to another palette or into free space to make it independent, re-order the icons, or drag a palette back into the icon toolbar.

If the palette stack on the right exceeds the screen size, use the mouse scroll wheel or option + click-drag (Mac OS) or Alt + click-drag (Windows) to scroll.

Agreed, placing palettes can get a bit tricky.   One thing I have noticed too, is, the pick options palette seems to grow over time, and I have to resize it to take up the minimum.   I don't have any difficulty resizing them, however.   On either 10.13.x or 10.15.x

¢£