AutoDesSys

Reverting to 8.6?

AsOne

Has anyone reverted to 8.6?  

I am finding v9 very buggy. 

In the past few days on Mac OS 10.14.5:

1.  Key shortcuts stop working.  I have to restart the program.  Almost every 10 minutes

2.  File tabs stopped working.

3.  Input selection box in the inspector was no longer selectable.  For the "walk" tool.

4.  Esc key stopped working.

5.  Numeric input stopped working.

6.  Upon quitting with two tabs opened:  it asked if I wanted to save the first file.  I clicked yes.  than nothing.  I had to select quit again.

Allan

I assume you mean Trash the Autodessys Preference folder.  Yes, that helps when things start to go south.  For anyone who does not know its location on Windows it is : Drive C-Users-Computer Name-App Data-Roaming- Autodessys.  Just throw it away and the program will rebuild it upon restart.  This has been a go to fix for some time now but it really cleans things up.

1 hour ago, AHDD Designer said:

For my «real work» I have not yet switched to version 9, but still use version 8.6.

There are just too many things that have not been cleaned up enough for me and the added value is not yet absolutely obvious to me.

I agree. The benefit of v9 does not outweigh the niggling problems therein. A big issue for me is file previews have gone away. Even reverting to v8.6, for some reason previews is not available since installing v9. This is a huge slowdown in productivity. 

Working with MacOs 10.15.3 and in the Modeller works 97% stable. Some issues I have anyway. But no crash.

I had crashes with the Maxwell 5 plugin, but that problem is solved with Maxwell version 5.0.2.4 (FormZ v9 crashed at the moment you save.)

Edited by Hugo

On 3/10/2020 at 7:23 PM, allanjl said:

Have you trashed your autodessys folder?

On 3/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, Andrew West said:

I assume you mean Trash the Autodessys Preference folder

No, it was right the first time.  Trashing the Autodessys folder will solve all formZ problems 🤣

We are obviously concerned about these issues but have yet to reproduce the problems on any machine that we have tested with. Next time a problem happens like this can you please compress the "formZ 9.0 pro" folder from the autodessys preferences folder and email it to support@formz.com? Please include the details of your OS so we can try and reproduce the problems on a similar system. This is our highest priority at the moment.

Please use support@formz.com to let us know about issues that you are encountering. We see email messages much faster than the forum and and we can properly track and follow up with you. 

Deleted my preferences file.  Restarted.  Key shortcuts still not working.  Floating palettes mentioned still won't open.  Reverting to 8.6 officially until further notice.  I will send my files to support.  

Mac OS 10.14.5  

iMac Pro 2019, 8 core i9

14 hours ago, AsOne said:

Deleted my preferences file.  Restarted.  Key shortcuts still not working.  Floating palettes mentioned still won't open.  Reverting to 8.6 officially until further notice.  I will send my files to support.  

Mac OS 10.14.5  

iMac Pro 2019, 8 core i9

Why on earth was beta testing so short? Seems like unfinished work in progress still. For the sake of the Autodessys company which I strongly want to see go from strength to strength, I do hope the most important priorities are being focussed upon. I was hoping all would be good for the usual Easter promotion, but not sure that will be very likely with that being less than a month away.

So far on 9.0.1.1 key shortcuts are working today.  Yesterday I was still having issues. 

Floating palettes not expanding still an issue, but Autodessys has contacted me about it directly and hope to have a solution soon.  

Just to make sure there isn't operator error - there isn't a "turn key shortcuts off" key command correct???  

I don't think there is, but want to make sure I'm not pressing something accidentally.