AutoDesSys

FormZ Layout autosave extension

Alan Cooper

Any file my computer doesn't understand gets assigned with a formz icon. Why is this? It appears to be that in my Windows file associations FormZ layout autosave files are assigned to a simple full stop (UK) period (US) . without any letters after the period. So I suppose anything without an extension gets lumbered with it. Not a problem except that the icon is so similar to the general FormZ file icon it looks like non extension files are associated with FormZ in some way. I presume it is an error where we should be seeing some letters after the period for FormZ layout autosave files. I don't know how the non extension files will display themselves when this has been fixed. Maybe without an icon, which is probably more appropriate. Is there a fix I can make to my file associations in Windows 10 to stop this confusion? Running FormZ 8.6 pro

Edited by Alan Cooper
Added last sentence

How strange, since actually making a use of the formz layout autosave, the icon has changed. Maybe the earlier icon was connected to a previous version, and this may be a newer icon. I'm glad anyway as doesn't look like formz icon any more so less confusion (especially when I use the highly recommendable program: free-file-sync, which skips the google docs documents in google drive when I back up my other sync-able cloud files). Example of new icons attached.

2020.03.0614h23m37s.jpg