AutoDesSys

what's new webinar

bbuxton

Modo and FZ are great companions.  I use modo for complicated organic subdivision cage modeling (because it has really good soft selection tools) and then bring the object into FZ where I convert to subdivision and then convert into nurbs.  Works really well at creating super complicated organic nurbs shapes that can then be further worked on in FZ with booles etc.  Many parts of the mech were done this way (some are pure FZ hard surface modeling.)  The parts in this model ended up as separate nurbs solids exports for CNC machining.

970342312_TorsoLow.thumb.jpg.964ff5728f10c937a070138d9149d588.jpg

2 hours ago, setz said:

Modo and FZ are great companions.  I use modo for complicated organic subdivision cage modeling (because it has really good soft selection tools) and then bring the object into FZ where I convert to subdivision and then convert into nurbs.  Works really well at creating super complicated organic nurbs shapes that can then be further worked on in FZ with booles etc.  Many parts of the mech were done this way (some are pure FZ hard surface modeling.)  The parts in this model ended up as separate nurbs solids exports for CNC machining.

970342312_TorsoLow.thumb.jpg.964ff5728f10c937a070138d9149d588.jpg

Woah!

Incredible model that Setz!