AutoDesSys

New user learning Form Z, on going questions

f700es

Hello all, LONG TIME sketchup user looking to finally learn Form Z. Using Free at the moment. Any way 1st question, is there in Form Z a command like SU's Tape Measure tool that can create reference lines? I can't seem to find one or a way to simulate this command.
Thanks in advance.

F7

In addition to the Guide tool, there are also temporary guides that remain on screen until you delete them. The way to invoke them is only through a shortcut I think, and if I'm not wrong (I don't have my computer with me right now), you just have to place the cursor in the point where you want to place the guides and press the Command (Mac) or Control (PC) key and Space bar, after which you'll see that three guides appear in X, Y and Z in different colors to visualize them more clearly. These guides are layer independent and they remain on screen until you delete them, and to do this you also use a shortcut, which I think are the Shift, Cammand/Control keys and Space bar. You can use as many temporary guides as you need at the same time.

Thanks all, I'll look into those and see what I find. What I am doing is drawing a little shed model to learn the Form Z way to work. In SU I could do a small shed in a matter of minutes. Trying to see the error of my ways and not retain bad Form Z habits as it were. I've watched many of the official Form Z videos so far and they have helped.