AutoDesSys Forums
ariel

Water material

Hi there,

Does anyone have a nice water material for Maxwell, to be used in swimming pool model, and or Jacuzzi, and or calm lake ... i couldn't find any . 

Please direct me to a site i can buy them or if you can share them. i really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Ariel

Hi John,

Thanks for that.

From some reason i cant get this sea thing to work or to change abit, even when i play with the parameters. it just renders as a flat surface. any ideas ?

Hi Ariel,

There are a few ways to get water looking good depending on your scene. I tend to go down the Maxwell material route to save time.

For example, this night pool scene is just a transparent and reflective material with a normal map, see attached.

The indoor daylight pools are a transparent reflective material on modelled waves (done a long time ago before Maxwell Sea was available).

BTW, excellent image John!

Des

Water.zip

PoolNight1.thumb.jpg.e7a8ed9e975cf4e56a2bec5cef519337.jpgSwimmingPool2.thumb.jpg.4121ef61d4ffa0c454229893ac14931e.jpg

Hi

I don't use Maxwell anymore, so I can't check to see if there was a trick to making it respond to the controls. That doesn't sound right. Des is right tho, if the "sea tool" isn't working you can get real nice results using his method.

Those look good too, Des. Especially the night pool scene.

Here is a quick look of the scene with your material Des. 

Perfect! ill tweek the color and the light abit in the final. Thanks alot.

Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.e7329a7553fe250a645c89080b6a2dfa.jpg