AutoDesSys

FormZ Free

ariel

Hi there,

I was wondering, can i ask my clients to install form z free in order to navigate within 3d models i send them created obviously with formz pro ?

and can i have both form z pro and formz free installed on the same machine with no known conflicts? can they work at the same time, each presenting on a different monitors connected to the same pc?

Thanks

Hi ariel,

I hate not to have a definite answer but I am pretty sure you can all of the above. Someone with Free would be able to open any form.Z model, only some of the tools used to make it would be unavailable. You can have both pro and free installed, just don't know if you can do one per monitor. You could at least get a modeling window on monitor 2.

Hello!

I think as long as you are only navigating using SHADED or WIREFRAME modes, then the Free version should work OK.  It's a bit of a process to teach non 3D people how to use a software like fomZ to navigate a scene.  Setting up views that they can click through in order (1,2,3,4, etc) is an easy way to get that to process going though. 

FYI, I have also found that sharing my screen over a high speed internet connection allows me to navigate clients 'live' through the project, direct from my workstation with high quality visuals.  

Hi there,

Thanks for all the answers. ill give it a shot this weekend.

What i wanted to do is keep the FZ pro which i am working on, on one monitor and have the FZfree setup to present on the other on wall TV. I need that in order not to mess with my working interface. 

Also sharing screen over internet works fine for me locally, but its kind of hard with my clients over in Africa and so... 

The Ipad viewer is also a good option indeed. it is amazing and i am using it all the time presenting and or exploring models with my team.

Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

Same for the OSX version - it is the exact same dmg as the v9 pro demo and overwrites on download.

I have to say that the quality control on the new website is atrocious - spelling mistakes and grammar errors on nearly every paragraph, links that do not go anywhere but back to the same page, doubled up text that doesn’t pertain to the section title and misaligned graphics everywhere.

I hope the software is better....

1 hour ago, danshaw said:

spelling mistakes and grammar errors on nearly every paragraph, links that do not go anywhere but back to the same page, doubled up text that doesn’t pertain to the section title and misaligned graphics everywhere.

We certainly do not see the issues you are describing. What browser are you using? What page do you observe the graphics and link issues?

OSX Safari and iOS Safari  - latest versions of the software.

On the Home page the LEARN MORE link under form Z pro just reloads the same page.

On the Products page the form Z pro and Vray graphics overlap.

On the form Z pro learn more page all the graphics images overlap their white base boxes. Same for form Z Jr learn more page.

Doubled up materials text under the Layout section of the form Z pro learn more page.

Requierement on a few pages. (I will not list all the spelling and grammar).

BTW the Reference and Faceting Schemes pages of the online manual still show duplicates of the Symmetry page.

40 minutes ago, danshaw said:

On the Products page the form Z pro and Vray graphics overlap.

On the form Z pro learn more page all the graphics images overlap their white base boxes. Same for form Z Jr learn more page.

This is caused by the width of your browser window. If you expand the window, the graphics will be fine. We are looking into why this is not dynamically adjusting properly in some browsers. Thanks for the additional feedback. Not as widespread as you made it sound, but obviously things that we needed to correct.