AutoDesSys

Key shortcut to select tool options

AsOne

I used to use Option key (Mac) since v7 to scroll through the tool options (self, copy, multi copy, etc.)  It isn't working in v9.

Anyone know how to set this?  

I can't locate the choice to set this in Key Shortcuts.

Edited by AsOne

Ok you are right.  In 8.6 is toggles between the self and most recent other copy mode. 

I also had Option set to switch between Pick topological levels and there is did go one by one through the levels.

I can't get it to work for either in v9

I think there’s some kind of bug associated with the Tool Option palette in the last release 9.0.0.3.

In previous beta versions this shortcut worked more or less well, just with some lag at times.

If I close and reactivate the palette from the Palette menu it start to work normally until I do ANY operation.

I work on MacOS 10.13.6.

It's not just the Alt key... the Shift and Command keys also suffer from the same behavior.

Even weirder... if you minimize and reopen the Tool Option palette from the small dark grey triangle, these keyboard shortcuts partially work again while you hold the cursor over the Palette Dock. If you move it into the working window, they stop working again even if you don't take any action.

MacOS 10.13.6 + MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2012

We have only observed this on some Mac OS systems. If you make a text field active (like the "X' field of the input palette), then the key should work. Not ideal but its a workaround for now. We have not encountered this on Windows. The same issue happens with the ARC 3 tool to change direction with the key and the same workaround works as well. 

We are working on a solution for this!