AutoDesSys

Too Options Palette

kim

In FZ 8.5 I had the Tool Options Palette separated from the Palettes window and sitting in the top right hand corner of my screen.  Regardless as to what I was doing with the other palettes I could always keep my eye on the options palette to check what was going on.

With the new FZ window being a contained cell, the only way I can separate the Tool Options Palette is to place it away from the right side of the screen.  As it is open all the time, I then lose valuable real estate for modeling.  

I would be curious if anyone has figured out a work around to the new palette structure?  And then a question for ADS. Would it be possible to place the Tool Option Palette in the top right hand corner and lock it so that the other palettes would scroll under it.  Similar to how the Header Row and Column system work in spreadsheets?  Currently the options on a palette window are "Detach, Move to Left, Move to Right."  How about a "Lock Palette" Option?

10 hours ago, kim said:

...  And then a question for ADS. Would it be possible to place the Tool Option Palette in the top right hand corner and lock it so that the other palettes would scroll under it.  Similar to how the Header Row and Column system work in spreadsheets?  Currently the options on a palette window are "Detach, Move to Left, Move to Right."  How about a "Lock Palette" Option?

I like this idea!  The Tool Options is incredibly useful to keep open all the time, and while scrolling only the items beneath it makes perfect sense.  Unfortunately, I do not believe this is possible in the current UI without adding another 'panel' to the UI that would allow the Tool Options to be docked inside.   Maybe with an update?

While I think the changes are good, the idea here that the list palettes would scroll underneath the tool options is a great idea.

same here, on my laptop, there is a lot sof extra scrolling to get to a layer or object or whatever, only to have to scroll again to get to the options.