AutoDesSys

Palette Window

kim

I am currently having a love/hate relationship with the new Palette window.  I find that the scrolling up and down for the entire window requires a lot of effort when the Layer menu has many layers.

If the layer menu is open for most of the monitor but still has many layers hidden, I am finding that I need to scroll past all the layers in order to get to palettes below.  I have tried placing many palettes on the same level but there is a limit as to how many of these you can have.

Anyone worked out an expedient process for the new palette window?

I made the complete ui smaller, then took the layer panel out and placed it at the right side outside the ui window on the desktop. The layer panel can be stretched from top to bottom screen. If you save this workspace it will be workable. 

Thanks Justin and Lund for your suggestions.  Yes, I have started using the Nesting of palettes.  My arrangement started off with the following:

Layers and Objects

Scenes, Views, Clipping Planes, Reference planes

Trying to keep them nested in terms of relationships.  Problem is that I am a layer junkie, so my layer palette is extremely long and I like to see as much of it as possible.  This is where I need to start controlling myself.  

FZ 9 is pushing me to rethink my workflow and hardware, which at the end of the day may actually be to my benefit?