AutoDesSys

Feels like a beta release!

chrisjk

In the Mac version I just downloaded.

A huge irritation is the apparent inability to relocate the reference plane and snap options palettes. On my large screen I like these at the top with the other default palettes. Unfortunately, I don't seem able to move them. When I close them, I cannot increase the workspace size to take up their space and if I attempt to reopen them, the reference plane palette has relocated itself to the far bottom right of the bottom menu bar with only half showing and the snap options palette just won’t reopen. I need to reset the workspace.

I'd like the action  palette to show the icon of the tool in use but all I can get it to show is the FormZ logo.

Right clicking on a tool icon to get to the corresponding manual entry does not open the relevant entry in my browser - just takes me to the title page of the manual.

When will Autodessys release 9.0.x to fix these basic interface things? I have no idea how the modelling is in this version, I don't have the patience to find out. If I had wanted to test a beta version I would have signed up for it.

Now the action palette has totally disappeared and I can't get it back.

There is no radial menu of recent tools anymore.

I tried reinstalling the package (without first deleting the app), hoping it would ovwrite some of the stuff that seemed to have been messed up. No such luck. It just comes back with all the same problems - the original ones I encountered and the problems I seem to have created by trying to get the darn thing to behave.

This is unacceptable in a production release.

We are investigating why the manual is not loading properly. All of the revelant information can be found here:  WHAT IS NEW IN form•Z v9

Palettes can be removed from their dock to become floating palettes by Command + click-drag (Mac OS) or Ctrl + click-drag (windows). Palettes can also be removed by right clicking in the palette and selecting Detach from the context menu. 

You can also move the entire bottom dock (ie both palettes) to the top by right clicking and selecting "Move Up".

Re-installing does not reset the workspace settings. Please select Reset Workspace from the Workspaces menu.

We are investigating the favorites menu and will gat back to you ASAP

Moving the entire bottom dock does not  place the palettes it contains in the uppermost region where other palettes, like the navigation and display tools, are located. If I detach the palettes to do this manually, the dock is just left empty, needlessly using screen space.

My Action palette has totally disappeared. I have reset work spaces several times (both the single and all work spaces options) but to no avail. Will I have to delete the program and reinstall fresh to get this back, or is there a preferences or plist file I can edit quickly?

38 minutes ago, Tech said:

We are investigating the favorites menu and will gat back to you ASAP

The problem with the favorites menu is that the default key shortcut is not assigned (space bar). You can fix this by opening the Key Shortcuts from the edit menu, select Workspace from the left list and Favorite Tools rom the right. Then click the plus button on the right side. In the key shortcut setting just press the space bar to assign it as the shortcut and click OK.

15 minutes ago, chrisjk said:

Moving the entire bottom dock does not  place the palettes it contains in the uppermost region where other palettes, like the navigation and display tools, are located. If I detach the palettes to do this manually, the dock is just left empty, needlessly using screen space.

This is as expected as you may want to place other palette here! This dock can be enabled or disabled from the palettes menu "Status Bar - Bottom" item.

3 minutes ago, chrisjk said:

Thanks for the replies so far. Still no joy with the favourites even though the shortcut of <space> is assigned. Likewise I can't get the Action palette back at all.

Are you using the Modeling workspace or a custom workspace? OS X or Windows? Can you 2x check that the key shortcut is assigned as that fixed it on both systems we have tried.

I am using the Modeling workspace on OS X. The key shortcut to the favourites menu was indeed pre-set as <space>. I added anothershortcut as well but this doesn't work either. The space bar actually seems to toggle the display of tool options in the right-hand sidebar.

I just noticed that I had two tool options palettes listed in keyboard shortcuts. One of these had <space> as the shortcut which partially explains why I didn't get a favorites menu showing when I pressed the space bar.

I now get the favorites menu but still no joy in tracking down the action palette.

2020-01-11_15-38-37.png

The new version can't be downloaded - this is what I get

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>5E7045B563B3CDE5</RequestId>
<HostId>
Xq4FIMb50s0eEw9Wmx8wbPI9pwEa92PbWr8H64X/MsG5aJvlGs2cm8ogLAIoCRmOj9HZ/IMOC+w=
</HostId>
</Error>

14 minutes ago, chrisjk said:

The Action palette is still MIA

Its working  fine here on 4 machines we have tested in the last 10 min. Try "reset Workspaces" a couple of time in a row. if that does not work. Quit. Go to the Finder menu and click on Go, then hold down the Option key on your Keyboard and select Library.  Open the "Preferences" folder, the "autodessys” folder and then the "formZ 9.0 pro" folder. Delete the folder called "workspaces."

Thank you. Deleting the workspaces folder worked for me and I now have a functioning action palette. FWIW, there are still two entries for tool options in keyboard shortcuts. Is it safe to delete the shortcuts file  (formZ Short Cuts.sct) in the preferences folder?

It seems impossible to populate a custom tool palette. As soon as I drag an icon onto a new palette, the palette shrinks to a well-nigh invisible size. By dragging the corner of this tiny thing, I can enlarge it but the tool I dragged over is not there. I now have a couple of custom palettes that are useless and would like to delete them from the list of palettes but can't. So there are two issues here.

Edited by chrisjk

If you detach the palette from the dock can you customize palette as you expect? The dock and the icons may be fighting each other on the sizing of the palette. Once you have it setup the way you like it, you can then re-insert the detached palette in the dock. 

I'm not sure how I did it but I now have a custom tool palette. However, it is connected to two palette names as shown here. "My Tool Palette 2" and "Another try" are connected to the same palette. I will crack it eventually but meanwhile a more irritating problem has emerged. I can only select faces with the two-click method. Neither the command click method nor the icon selection method in the tool options palette works to select a face. This makes the quick offsetting of segments and reshaping, slow and laborious.

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 9.03.43 pm.png

Edited by chrisjk

I'm in the UK and went to bed before seeing your question. Now up and having looked at the menu see there is a 2 click method option in the edit menu... I had never looked there for an alternative picking method😳. Turning it off restores my normal face picking method of using the tool options. Command click also works.

Thank you!