AutoDesSys Forums
-andrew-

Where's the info on 9?

Hi everyone,

Haven't been here in a while but got the NYE special email, and was surprised I hadn't heard anything about 9.

I eagerly jumped to the home page to find... v8.  :)

Just saw the forum post about the v9 beta, but as noted I haven't been here in a bit and it's the first I'm hearing about it... pretty excited.

Where can I find out more?

Yes, it is in beta now.  We are not allowed to say much about it, as ADS asked us not to. Helps with being allowed to test in the future.

Without divulging anything.  Things are looking good.  Beta updates are coming pretty quick now. (first update took a bit)   Every few days now.  Which may be an indication the big issues are worked out, now the nuances.  <- Strictly opinion based on hopes, not official based on real information.

I know this isn't much to sate your appetite. But Hey!

¢£

I wish I'd known about the beta... or something more than the bullet points, really. 

I haven't been able to find any feature descriptions, screenshots, videos, etc. 

2 hours ago, Leed said:

I thought delivery was this week sometime. Is this right?

That's what my pre-sale invite said.

I am interested, but there is no much info to make decisions.  Buying the thing you never seen is not quite a good idea for freelance, particular only 20% off.  By the time 9 will be workable for real world likely will take a while anyway.

Yes, this is most unlike the "good old days"! Those who remember receiving in.form.Z, the newsletter for users, will recall that the future of form.Z was openly discussed back then, sometimes one or two versions ahead of time.

I do not understand this apparent need for secrecy either.

We are very excited about this release! We are wrapping up a few final details and expect v9 to be available by the end of the week.

Thank you to those who have placed pre-orders. Your license codes and download instructions are at the front of the que and will be sent as soon as the app is posted.

I hope that 'family plan members' will also receive notification as soon as it is released.  My current version of FZ 8.5 not happy on Catalina and I don't want to spend the time reinstalling 8.5 when I will need to do the same for 9.  

Hopefully, 9 can be released today which will allow for folks to contact Tech support if things don't go right.  Releasing on Friday with no tech support available might end up being frustrating to those who run into installation and registration problems.  

But Friday better than Monday for those of us who are having a crashing time with 8.5 :-).

Looking forward to seeing what FZ9 brings to the table but have been very happy with 8.5 modeling but not layout.

Thanks to everyone who has worked hard on bringing the new version of FZ9 to fruition, and that includes the beta testers!

I think of it, less of "secretive" and more as managing expectations.  It is quite possible that a feature in a beta may not make it into final release.

How many times have you seen a company promise something, only to get burned by it?  

My opinion, of course.

¢£

Edited by Chris lund

20 hours ago, shadowcat said:

wondering if the V9 release for the family plan members has been sent ?

Yes. You should have received an email with your codes by now. Please contact sales@formz.com and we can check that we have teh correct contact information for you (please include your serial #  in the email).