AutoDesSys

Meshing a face

hirscr

Im well aware I'm probably being incredibly dense. However,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeh058eghmh0361/map%20texture%20to%20face%20fail.mov?dl=0

that is a video of me failing to map a texture on to a face of an easy object. Ive done this before a number of times and Im unsure of why I can't do it now.  I'm using 8.01 formz, with the latest update. Im on a brand new 27" iMac.

huh. Now I see that its probably not a problem with the mesh tool, but in selection.  I trying to use the reshape too and I can't select a face.

edit: I had 2 click selection enabled. That fixed the reshape tool. But not the mesh tool. It still behaves like in the video.

Hirsc, Try the following: PreSelect the desired face by holding down the Command Key (You are running Mac OS X) And Click the Face.

Now it has a Red Highlight at the Face Topology. You Can just Drag Any Material to the Face and it Now it is Mapped to the Face you PreSelected.

Now, Try Using the Texture Edit Tool as it super and really easy to use maybe you should do as I have & include it as part of your head-up display.

Press the space bar and there it is.

I hope this is helpful.

Dan

Your Still need to PreSelect the Face by Depressing Your Command Key While Clicking on the Face that you desire.

So, at the Topologic level the face is preselected.

Now, drag any material onto that face.

Next, to adjust the Texture Map use what I suggested before the Texture Edit Tool.

Are you running formZ 7 or formZ 8 Pro?

It would do you a serve to watch the First Two Demos of formZ 7 by Matt H. of ADS. 

Look how he is applying Materials and I am pretty sure he running Mac OS X in the 

Demos.

Dan S.

Hi Hirscr,

Yes, the Auto-Picking will automatically pick the "biggest" thing it can (group, object, face, etc), and holding down the Command key (Mac) or Ctrl key (Win) while executing an operation will allow the tool to operate on a smaller part.  This and a lot more useful information can be found in this thread:

http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/19-formz-v7-8-migration-guide-interface-improvements-from-formz-6/

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we would be glad to help.

Archived