AutoDesSys

logitech marathon m705

allanjl

Anyone else every have problem with their mice while working on formZ. Brand new mouse as per title. The middle button never worked to set view no matter what I'd do. Updated the firmware, driver, use defaults on formZ, etc. Older wired dell mouse works fine. What gives?!

Hi Allan and Gary,

I just had the exact same problem!  I'm not sure if it came with a recent update, but here's how I fixed it.  Using Logitech SetPoint software, I changed the Button 3 setting from Universal Scroll to Generic Button and hit Apply.  Everything seems to be working as it should now.  Scroll is scrolling where it should and zooming in FormZ and middle click is now correctly working as the Hand tool in FormZ.  I think newer mice use Logitech Options software instead of the SetPoint software I am stuck with, but you should try changing Button 3 to Generic Button and see if it works for you. 

image.thumb.png.041e9bf50a0538343f5739bf53ac32f7.png

FWIW,  I LOVE my older MX620 mouse and have bought several of them over the years.  I use the Application Switcher button constantly to quickly find the window I need to switch to.  The only problem is that this doesn't currently work with FormZ for Windows.  Mission Control on Mac works with the same mouse by showing each FormZ project window you have open, but it's not currently working on FormZ.  I reported this a while back, but probably worth bringing up again since it could be fixed while v9 is in development.

Edited by Justin Montoya

I am on Windows 10 and Windows 8.

Thank you all! Sorry to rant, but we have a lot of other software here, rhino, Autocad, Datacad, 3Dmax, etc. None of them had this problem. Maybe it should be something that Autodessys should also address? It makes new users get a bad impression of the software, if they had mess with settings on the mouse while other software works just fine.

Last night I went and bought cheaper logitech mice (M310) and they worked fine right out of the box.

Thanks again.

I have returned several of the M705 mice thinking they were defective. Downloaded the logitech software and messed with it for a while trying to get the mouse to behave itself.  Finally gave up and wet back to the trusty M510 which has served me well for many years.  Hard to teach an old dog sometimes and I am tired of spending vast amounts of time debugging new hardware and software.  I don't get paid for that and I have a business to run and a family to feed.

I know this has been covered before but has anyone used the 3D Connection mouse lately with positive results?