AutoDesSys

SOS! FormZ 8.6 won't recognize my Maxwell 3.0 plug in

SvenJohn

Dear fellow Maxwellians, help!  My main Mac workstation went down a few days ago (Mojave OS  upgrade gone bad), and I'm frantically working to get my FormZ 8.6 to Maxwell 3 work flow re-established on another workstation here.  I've got Maxwell 3 successfully licensed on this other workstation and the RLM license server apparently working as well, as I am able to launch Maxwell stand-alone.  However FormZ won't recognize the plug in (it does not show up in Display Options palette). I did download the Maxwell for FormZ 8_3_2_1_7 from the Next Limit portal and dropped the "OSX/Maxwell" folder found within into my FormZ8 Plugins folder. (and restarted a few times.)  I thought that was all I had to do.  But 

I can't launch the plugin frominside FormZ.  Anyone have any suggestions, ideas?  It must be a simple fix but I can't think of what it could be.  

PS  Let me add my voice to those voting for /desperately hoping for /relying on the upcoming major upgrades of both FormZ and Maxwell to play well together... it's my go-to work flow every time...!!!!!

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 6.58.55 PM.png

Have you checked the extensions manager to see if the plugin shows in the list and is just disabled (ie no check mark in the left column?)

If that does not work, check the System console utility (Application->Utility->console) during formZ startup for any messages that might yield a clue as to why the plugin does not load.

You can also post to the Maxwell support forum: https://forum.maxwellrender.com/viewforum.php?f=149&sid=cc31e8e0283169817c8a3d97122be468

Hi Z Tech, thanks for responding.  I just checked my extensions manager under the "All third party extensions" list, and it says "You have not installed any extensions."

This makes me think that I have just not installed the plug in correctly.  I am going to go back and try to re-install it.  I also have a license for Maxwell 4, I will try installing that whole package and see if I can get that up and running.

Well. I got my system set up and running again, basically by re-installing Maxwell 3 then the FormZ plug in for 3 installers several times.  Just in the nick of time, considering the numerous deadlines looming ominously ahead.  And with a very minimum of help from Next Limit, who used to always be very responsive.  The only help I could get from them this time was a very brief note including my license codes, they completely ignored my questions thereafter and I wonder if they are committed to helping FormZ customers at this point.   Anyway I really hope Maxwell & FormZ don't fall by the wayside, for me it's always been a really effective tandem for getting my rendering work done.