AutoDesSys

form•Z 9 beta

Tech

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have now got my V9 Professional License. I wont be using it for work yet.

Over the last year or so I have been trying to email FormZ to report problems etc with beta versions.

All my emails end up being returned undelivered repeatedly which has given my mail server a spam status.

How do you communicate with FormZ people nowadays?

When Paul Helm was around it was easy.

4 hours ago, Ged said:

All my emails end up being returned undelivered repeatedly which has given my mail server a spam status.

How do you communicate with FormZ people nowadays?

When Paul Helm was around it was easy.

We started using an industry standard customer service CRM 18 months ago just for this reason. This is system has been very reliable and this is the first report of problems. When you submit an email to our support system, you should get an immediate confirmation response with a trackable ticket number. We have received positive feedback on this system.

We checked and we did not find any emails from the known email address that we have for you reaching our support CRM system. It seems like something at your ISP is blocking the communication. Please forward one of the bounce messages to sales@formz.com so we can investigate the issue further.

We all miss Paul, but we still support our customers with the same enthusiasm.

• 2 weeks later...

The website is in a state of transition right now. Although there is no clear announcement on the front page, it is possible to purchase V9 (click purchase) but I cannot find a link to trials yet. An annual subscription is also available. Is this new to V9?

• 1 month later...

Can someone who has purchased v9pro and was familiar with 8.6pro please give a review of the latest user interface?

I would like to know what you think of it regarding how much you needed to adjust it to your liking,

whether you were able to tune it just right or what compromises you had to put up with?

How stable is the UI?

Do you think it gives you maximum real estate to work in,

or are there parts you have to put up with which you would prefer were absent,

smaller

or located elsewhere

or differently?

I would like to know for my own consideration and also to raise any issues especially in the hope that it has been perfected for a new user to get straight on with, avoiding the need to tweak or become frustrated. Needs to be right before a strong marketing thrust.

Thanks, Alan.

Clipped pallets, missing scroll bars etc, throughout and lots of other minor glitches.

Sometimes pallets or tool dialogues, errors etc disappear, likely behind other windows with no easy way to fix other than to quit formZ and delete the preference folder.

The tabbed pallet icons are tiny and low contrast, horrible on a 4K display.

These rough edges might be acceptable in a new application but are not what you would expect in a mature application like FormZ.

There are lots of other UI problems such as duplicate and missing icons. For example, paste and paste in place are identical, there are lots of tools with the FMZ puzzle piece icon.

Stick with 8.6 unless you need python or the mirror tools.

clipped pallets.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering the circumstances, I am actually very satisfied with the development of v9 - especially with the ongoing development of V-Ray.
On my iMac (Mojave), FormZ 9.2.0b1 (build A439) and V-Ray 5.0.0.6 (build 1603) are running.

Since the beta licence is about to expire, I wonder what will happen next?
Will there be another update for the beta?
When will these new versions be available for «regular» release?

I am very satisfied with v9. It is the most stable version I have ever used. To me, stability is key. I am not too concerned with the graphic glitches. I am most concerned with a crash and disappearing components. Thankfully, these major problems have been fixed to 95% of my satisfaction.