AutoDesSys

Shaded Render not working with Imported File

DMclean

It's been a while since I've been on the forums, but I'm getting back into fromZ after a couple of years away...

I've just recently had to install formZ on a new computer (iMac 27") and am having an odd problem with ded View.

I've imported an OBJ file from Vectorworks which has textures applied. The file comes in as wireframe, which is fine. If I try to change the view to Shaded I wind up with the spinning beachball of death...

Textures and all are fine, because I can render the view in VRay with the textures intact. I just can't get the shaded view to work. The same file had been imported on my older MacPro and I was able to use shaded view just fine, but then that machine died and I have to use this one while I'm repairing the older one.

Anyone got any weird ideas on this?

Thanks in advance... Douglas

Thanks Gordon and Andrew... I'll have a look at both those possibilities. The textures are definitely not too large, in fact they're way too low res for anything really useful, I just wanted to be able to see things not in wireframe. Had forgotten all about Object Doctor... It's been a couple of years that I haven't been using Z so it all gets a little rusty...

Thanks.