AutoDesSys

undos are still broken

snow

is anyone else having this problem?  Working from a server I have this problem a few times a week.  There isn't any specific set of functions, or in a specific file, it's any file after routine functions.  

Copying my projects locally is not a viable workaround because that breaks linked textures that I need to export to render... and I often need to work on projects from two different locations.

formZ is a very fast modeler, but that efficiently doesn't matter when I'm constantly losing 15, 20, 30+ minutes of work in my projects.  sigh.

Happens to me randomly about once or twice a week.  All of a sudden the undo's don't work.  Close the program and restart solves it every time.  Until it happens again.  This is something that has been around my office for many years now and I just learn to live with it like so many other quirks.  If you are having a consistent issue with this and a restart does not clear it up then I would suggest trashing your preference folder before I bothered with a program reinstall.  Just my two cents.

Yes this also happens to me from time to time. I haven't been able to isolate the cause. Just have to restart the app.

There is also the bug with "show controls" in the sub-d mode. Sometimes it won't turn off and I have to restart to cure that too.

The other ongoing issue I have is the immediate crash when I try to use the "rounding" tool. That's been going on since V7. Doesn't do it every time.

But often enough I know to be sure to save before I click on it.

I'm just wondering if you have your undos set to use Unlimited or not. I have mine set to 12 operations and don't get any problems.

When I'm sometimes working on very large files (especially with imported data) I can get a slowdown on functions, but resetting the undo/redo solves that instantly.

Des