AutoDesSys

Global Material Override control

AsOne

I would love to see a Global Material Override option in the Project Rendering Options in the Display Options palette.

2111122329_ScreenShot2019-04-26at1_02_54PM.png.0e226d5adbcb5df8dceb29debacc95be.png

This option would turn off material overrides for all layers.  Yes I know I can implement a Layer Groups or multiple levels of groups.  However sometimes I individually set colors to work with and also make photoshop selections.  To turn them all on at once is tedious.  I know I can use Vray to get a material id output for photoshop, but this requires more work.  A Global Material Override option would improve my workflow.  

To be clear:  this would be an option, similar to Unlock Groups perhaps, that would allow or disallow Material Overrides in the Layers palette.  

Thanks for considering.  

For example:

While working in shaded full I see this:

658027593_131StoneCanyon-Bath5SF.thumb.png.2cc8ae6eaa770f610137fae683e4d772.png

However, at times I want to just see things as a bunch of colors to make modeling easier and also then in Photoshop it makes creating selection sets a lot easier.  I use Layer overrides to achieve this:

1225373712_131StoneCanyon-Bath5selections.thumb.png.646cfada3d6ed6c8124fd7432c10cbb8.png

If there is a way to do this currently - please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My previous comments doesn't really work.  Even with a layer group I would still have to set multiple layer overrides and turn them on/off individually for each layer/color desired.  A global setting would be really handy.