AutoDesSys

FIX COMPONENTS!

AsOne

Please fix components with v9!  It is really a necessary feature and even the most basic components crash the program every time I try to use them.  I know this has been said many times over, but I will say it again.  I had a long hiatus of not using FormZ and now that I'm back in it I find this very frustrating.  

Ditto... My old symbol libraries are dead in storage. Trying to convert them and update them a few years ago became overwhelmingly difficult and time consuming.  Everytime I try to get back to using components, crashes plague me. The symbols used to be one of the best implementations of this idea. Set up properly you could simply select one and switch it out with another without complicated interfaces, just a pop-down menu if the symbol libraries were loaded. You could also simply switch the library the symbols in a model referenced and holistically change the character of the model.The components interface is overly complicated and I don't find it as intuitive to use. Perhaps I just need to relearn and recreate 10 years worth of symbols prior to components being introduce, but it was easier to stop using the program for more than specific modelling needs than holistically designing with it.

I still find it extremely powerful on the modelling front and with VRay, an immensely powerful renderer. After 25 or so years using it and teaching it, I continue to purchase the updates and swear by its strengths.

Archived