AutoDesSys

form•Z Anniversary | Thank You

Tech

On February 14th of each year we celebrate the anniversary of the first release of form•Z. This is a time for us to celebrate the great work and outstanding designs created by the form•Z community over the years. Your creations inspire us to look forward to the future with the same enthusiasm and anticipation as the day we started this journey.

Thank you for the support over the years. Specially to those who embrace the form•Z community on this forum and graciously offer assistance to others, share their work and offer suggestions and constructive criticism that makes form•Z a better solution for all. 

RanchampCombined.jpg.3f74629789d615efa94c4f0836126348.jpg

Hello everyone,

Happy Birthday form.Z!

To me form.Z is like a life form that has been evolving over all this time, so "happy birthday" seems quite fitting.

I was very pleased to see this image this morning in my e-mail... ;)   I remember rooting around in that Ronchamp model, getting it ready for 3d Printing. I believe the model was created in form.Z 1.0, it was created by another artist, but I was once upon a time charged with making it watertight. The Z-Corp print came out very nicely, and anyone that saw it at the form.Z booth will surely remember it. I remember one form.Z booth customer suggesting that the Ronchamp 3d prints could be offered for sale en masse.

Since it is also throwback Thursday, I thought I would share this retro teal interface setting that I set up to give the current interface the feel of the old one. It is less distracting than the stock color setting, and I have found myself reminded of how long we have been using this wonderful application. I actually use a Wacom tablet quite frequently with form.Z, so I like all the system icons showing, and like to have a large target for picking tools with the stylus. I do not use the palette dock at all, I conjure my palettes with shortcut keys.

Thank you form.Z and autodessys for all of the long years. I have been able to apply form.Z tools in order to create income in so many ways over all of these years, I almost think of it as a money making application!

Teal_formZ_8_Interface.JPG

Happy birthday formZ! 

I want' share couple renderings from year 1997 when I started my long journey with formZ 😊. Version was 2.9 I think. Also a picture of the collection of formZ prochures etc.

I'd like to thank you ADS developing us formZ!

history1.jpg

history2.jpg

history3.jpg

Happy Anniversary, AutoDesSys!

I've been using the program since version 2.8. It changed the way we did design and brought many opportunities to our clients years ahead of what was possible at the time. FormZ is not just an amazing set of professional tools, but is an incredible learning system in many ways. 

Here's wishing many more years of robust development and expanding users. I dont believe there is any Form Synthesizer out there than comes close.

Cheers!

ps- still have my box of manuals, too   : )

I use FormZ since 2.7 on my Power Mac 7200/90 16 Megs of RAM (!!) 

It has changed the way I was designing stuff in both good and bad ways. Yet I am grateful it exists and I can do things with it as my primary weapon of choice.  And it is getting better year by year, version by version.

Thank`s Autodessys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy birthday as well!  At the risk of sounding like an old man I started using Form.z  around 1991 when I was working at the largest architecture firm in the US.  I believe my machine was a Mac IIcx which was barely able to render out a simple image in shaded view.  I used it mainly for doing perspective layouts for my watercolor illustrations.  It wasn't until about 1997 that I presented my first digital illustration for a client.  Fast forward to today where my watch has 1000 times the computing power of my IIcx and I haven't done a watercolor in 10 years.   While I have tried almost every other modeling software out there I still can't help but come back to Form.z.  Simply the best modeler out there to date.  Really looking forward to seeing what they come up with in the future releases. 

The first time I started to model with FormZ was late 1994. I came from an Unix HP workstation with a French 3D program called Star_UX. That software was amazing, although it only worked on Unix at the time. I bought FormZ the moment I started my own company in 1994 and remember I got completely frustrated the first 2 weeks working with my new 3D modeller FormZ. Didn't get a clue how it worked... After 2 weeks, started from scratch, bit by bit and yes! I got it. From that moment it became THE 3D modelling tool for me. Since then I am a happy FormZ user most of the time.

The FormZ 3D modeller became at the end of the story my main Cad program, because it works so nicely, ...in 3D. 😊

Congratulations ADS and I am looking forward to the next version, hopefully we hear soon... 

Archived