AutoDesSys

Disable ALT scrolling through tools

dankosturik

Is there a way to disable the hotkey ALT scrolling through the tool options? I hold ALT to pan around the scene, and whenever move tool is selected, it goes to create a clone of the object I'm trying to move. I constantly have to ctrl+Z movements, because the wrong tool was selected when I try to rotate or move objects.

Yes you can disable it, but it's really handy to have turned ON.  You actually have to tap the ALT key 2x to get it to swap tool options, so if you can try to be more mindful, you won't run into this by just hitting it 1x.  Also, try holding the CTRL key to look around the scene instead of the ALT key.  I find it's better for navigating the scene and never touch the ALT key for this, but that's just me.

16 hours ago, Justin Montoya said:

Yes you can disable it, but it's really handy to have turned ON.  You actually have to tap the ALT key 2x to get it to swap tool options, so if you can try to be more mindful, you won't run into this by just hitting it 1x.  Also, try holding the CTRL key to look around the scene instead of the ALT key.  I find it's better for navigating the scene and never touch the ALT key for this, but that's just me.

How do I turn it off then? 😕

It's not handy at all for my sake. I use the far superior software of 3DS max at home, and ALT is how you pan the screen. It'd be a pain to have two different keys I'm used to. I've already changed several keyboard shortcuts to better match my 3ds max experience; this is just the last one that's irritated me for awhile now.

Preferences/Modeling "Use tap Keys" off

What we need is more detail in this option. Perhaps a palette?

I would like to turn tap keys of for Topological levels (very annoying)

I like it for copy modes and perpendicular shifting, but I believe it would be better with customisable shortcuts in a palette.

It should have been a tab in the Quick Keys palette!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 6:04 AM, palarsen said:

Preferences/Modeling "Use tap Keys" off

What we need is more detail in this option. Perhaps a palette?

I would like to turn tap keys of for Topological levels (very annoying)

I like it for copy modes and perpendicular shifting, but I believe it would be better with customisable shortcuts in a palette.

It should have been a tab in the Quick Keys palette!!

Thank you for this.

Archived