AutoDesSys

V-Ray Render Farm

Studio-Swaim

I do not know of any VRay for FormZ specific render farms, but as you can export as a .VRSCENE file, it should render the same in any VRay platform when using that option, so theoretically, you should be able to use just about any VRay farm.

I'd also like to throw my hat into the mix.  I have a very robust workstation (16c/32t & 3 GPU) and a (7!) GPU render node at my disposal, which should be able to make quick work of most rendering jobs, as long as you are using the GPU renderer in VRay.  Let me know if you'd like to connect on how I could help you out.

Cheers.

Hey Justin,

I have a project in the pipes that will need me to render a 10' x 10' image for a life size graphic display. Just curious to know how one exports as a VRSCENE ? and would you be kind enough to run a test for me to see how long something like that would be for you to render ?

1 hour ago, rmulley said:

Hey Justin,

I have a project in the pipes that will need me to render a 10' x 10' image for a life size graphic display. Just curious to know how one exports as a VRSCENE ? and would you be kind enough to run a test for me to see how long something like that would be for you to render ?

Hello,

I'd be happy to run a test for you.  Exporting as a VRSCENE file is done using the V-Ray Palette, the last icon on the right which looks like a 'action' marker they use in the film industry.  Use the Pack option for best results.  I'll PM you my contact email address.

• 2 years later...

This is intriguing because I looked at the list of farms on VRay website and there isn't a formZ native option, so Justin, are you still doing this? I have not been able to use gpu because although the render is faster, there is some glitch where it goes into computing limbo and sticks and never throws the finish notification, so I can't use for animation. I am soon updating to 9 from 8.6 so that may go away then. Do you still have interest in rendering farm?

Thanks I may need you from time to time, I'll present it as an option to be explored by me at some point here shortly to my supervisor. I'll get back once he's ok with test and negotiation type stuff. I gotta run a day test to realtime Unreal or twinmotion first though. Unless they have great baking GI solutions, I'm dubious on those. I

t seems like everything is dumbed down to mp4 in the end anyway though.  We always want little details like cloth texture on a panel be visible, and it's murder trying to keep detail like that with compression happening. I am almost sure realtime will preserve the textures better, but lose on the GI front.

Thanks for your answer, I'll get back.