AutoDesSys Forums
swaim

V-Ray Render Farm

Does anyone know of or have a user friendly (Because I’m all about user friendly) render farm resource for V-ray for Form-Z? I have a project developing that will take my machine eons to render by it's self.

I do not know of any VRay for FormZ specific render farms, but as you can export as a .VRSCENE file, it should render the same in any VRay platform when using that option, so theoretically, you should be able to use just about any VRay farm.

I'd also like to throw my hat into the mix.  I have a very robust workstation (16c/32t & 3 GPU) and a (7!) GPU render node at my disposal, which should be able to make quick work of most rendering jobs, as long as you are using the GPU renderer in VRay.  Let me know if you'd like to connect on how I could help you out.

Cheers.

Hey Justin,

I have a project in the pipes that will need me to render a 10' x 10' image for a life size graphic display. Just curious to know how one exports as a VRSCENE ? and would you be kind enough to run a test for me to see how long something like that would be for you to render ?

1 hour ago, rmulley said:

Hey Justin,

I have a project in the pipes that will need me to render a 10' x 10' image for a life size graphic display. Just curious to know how one exports as a VRSCENE ? and would you be kind enough to run a test for me to see how long something like that would be for you to render ?

Hello,

I'd be happy to run a test for you.  Exporting as a VRSCENE file is done using the V-Ray Palette, the last icon on the right which looks like a 'action' marker they use in the film industry.  Use the Pack option for best results.  I'll PM you my contact email address.