AutoDesSys

formZ v8.6.4 released

Tech

We released v8.6.4 today. This version improves support for OS X Mojave (as well as other improvements and corrections)

You can update your installation by selecting "Check for Update" from the Help menu.

Note that if you are using 8.5 or 8.6.0 (or if you experience issues with the software update feature because of a fire wall or other connection issue), you will need to install from HERE .

Here is a list of what is new in the latest version: http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/whats_new.html

Best!

Martin,

We will certainly look into this. What does it look like in V-Ray? Its possible that V-Ray and RZ my be fighting each other and confusing the shaded texture. Can you send your example model and textures to support@formz.com?  Its always better to work with real data!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, andrew said:

Hello and thanks for the update. The tool icons are fixed on my install, but now the tool options dont pop out as a row of sections for each tool category.

I can only click on the tool that is shown in the palette !?!  Argh!

Andrew, try resetting your workspaces and restarting your computer, if that does not work, you'll need to reset your preferences by either throwing away the preferences folder or renaming it.  Are you on Mac or Windows?

Thanks Justin!  That what I ended up doing. I was on a Mac with Mojave for this problem and so far so good. I have been avoiding saving a preferences file for a few years, now. I make a Template file with the newest version of the software, have preferences load that template and save the last session setting instead of an actual preferences file and set a new workspaces to default.

In doing some time sensitive work yesterday, I discovered the following issues on the Mac. 

-In general, there is something destabilized about image output and the OS and FZ. JPGS and Tiffs take way longer to save from a rendered screen. Maps with JPGS are doing strange unpredictable things.

-The imager has many bugs that weren't there in 8.6.4 Again, it seems to do with the OS and from what I can tell CPU usage. I'm sending details to support in an email.

-On the PC, The app tries to update after its already been updated, when booting it up.

-there is a sluggishness that seems to me an issue with OpenGL shaded viewing that I didnt have before. With sanps off, it still seems to hang and re-draws are no longer immediate when turning on and off layers.

Your mileage may vary. : )

We did discover an issue that can happen on certain versions of OS X that can cause a problem when closing files or switching to the desktop. We have updated the 8.6 release to 8.6.4.1 to address this. Please select for "Check For Update" from the Help menu to get the latest 8.6.4. Note that the update message will still show 8.6.4 as the UI does not show the minor version numbers so it will install a new version even though it appears its trying to reinstall the same version (the startup screen will show 8.6.4.1 after the latest update). 

Flosimo & Hugo we have been testing and we have not been able to reproduce problems with scenes or editing groups. Can you please give some more details or steps of the issue you are experiencing. Neither of these are areas that were affected by the corrections in v8.6.4 so we are quite surprised that you are encountering these issues. 

andrew likewise we are not experiencing the issue that you are describing. These are areas that were not affected by the corrections made for this version. Can you give some more details of the problems as we are not reproducing them here. If you contact us through support@formz.com we can setup a screen sharing session to get a better handle on these issues.

Archived