AutoDesSys Forums
-andrew-

Numeric properties panel / movement / resize?

Is there a panel or otherwise numeric display that gives you (and lets you adjust) dimensional and positional information for an object?

For example... I have a cube that's 3x3x3, and I want to make it 3 x 4.25 x 3....

Or, numbers that you can adjust to move an object to a specific point, e.g. move the cube to 0,0,0 ?

thanks

As for the movement, if you set your origin to a specific spot in the info panel.  Or if you want to  move a specific distance, start moving in the direction you want and type in the distance.1273879308_ScreenShot2019-01-15at4_36_39PM.png.11328acd8e5bf2ed60676cabbeda507f.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 4.29.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 4.28.09 PM.png

Edited by gordonjay

2 hours ago, -andrew- said:

Thanks!

Would be great if that information stayed open/available all the time, but this works.

I agree this could be very useful to see an Object Parameters window open all the time... it should probably be separate palette from the Tool Options.  

I say could because the Parameters function kinda broken in formZ.  Example: Draw a cube... parameters are there and adjustable.  Reshape the cube: Parameters are gone.  This is the same for all generated solids.  Yes, you can use the Transform/Non-Uniform Scaling to change the size, but it's not *quite* the same.  formZ needs to retain these parametric properties when just reshaping an object.  Maybe a version 9 fix?