AutoDesSys

Form Z error ID: 128: -35

Michele

Hello everyone . I'm new to the forum, but I've been using it for some time. I am an architect and I use the 8.6.3.1 version on PC, i7 processor, 16 GB ram, nvidia 4 GB graphics card. Recently with all the files created with the same version it happens that I can no longer open them once closed. At the attempt to open it appears the message that I  have attached e formz does not respond and stops. I saw on the forum that someone had the same problem, but another error id. I wrote to the technical support, but we managed to solve, even if sending them the file, they manage to open it. I have taken all the attempts they have given, but nothing. I tried to open with a version 8 and the files open. Understand that it is difficult to sleep peacefully, because you risk losing your job. Has anyone found the remedy and the cause of similar errors in the forum? can someone help me, since in Italy there are not many people using this software? Thanks

screenshot formz01.JPG

Hi Michele,

Sorry to hear that.

If you could post more info, someone might be able to help.

Some more details about when it occurs, some info about your computer and graphics card. Things like that.

Does anyone else in your company have the problem, or are you working solo?

I have not seen that particular error code

I work alone. I use the 8.6.3.1 version on PC, Windows 7 professional 64, 
i7 processor, 16 GB ram, nvidia 4 GB graphics card.

The message that returns formz is:  the volume does not exist ID = 128: -35. 
I have already tried to change the file name, change position and it does not work.
However, the files are opened by the older version 8.0.2, so the problem is the last version of formz.

I've seen several bugs and instabilities in version 7 and later. Even today formz suffers from problems and instability, I think.

Michele, 

I had a problem that froze my formZ on the opening window;  if I unloaded my vray extension formz worked? I also had other version running without problem.

So I assumed it was a open gl or other driver issue. Here was my route...

run windows update; check all your drivers and update your graphics card from nvidea...(nvidea are always updating)

I updated everything I could think of...finally the graphics card....then everything worked fine...

Good luck

Martin

Try opening a new empty project and then opening the corrupted file using the “add to project” option.  It should open this way but I found that if the file is then saved the issue persists.  To clean the file, once it is opened, copy all objects in the project and paste them into another, second, new empty project.  This one should then open correctly.  I was able to recover a file that wouldn’t otherwise open by using this two step technique. My best guess for the cause of this issue would be corrupted object attributes or perhaps corrupted layer attributes.  It may also have been a texture path issue because once recovered, I think I remember one of the textures had been replaced by the default FZ logo map.   I’m on Mac.

First of all thanks to all those who tried to help me! 
I followed the setz procedure: actually I recovered only a part of the model that, once saved on another empty document, 
at the opening gave me new messages including ID = 13 corrupt document. At this point, setz gave me the idea: 
why not try to delete the temporary formz files? On Mac, preferences are usually eliminated. So I think to eliminated the temporanery files.
I followed the C / user / appdata / local / temp / formzx64 directory and deleted all the temporary files. At this point I launched 
formz and all the files now open perfectly. It was an intuition, but the cause I could not identify it. I enclose the screens 
for how they appeared in succession, so that they can be of help to other users and thanks again to everyone, thank you setz!

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

Archived