AutoDesSys

Error writing JPEG file "logo.jpg" ?

-andrew-

On 12/30/2018 at 4:11 PM, Andrew West said:

My guess is that you have a corrupted jpeg somewhere in your materials.  It should be obvious which one as it will have the good old red question mark on it in the preview.  Sometimes it happens to me when the extension gets corrupted accidentally. 

I'd think so too if 1) any of my materials were called "logo.jpg", and 2) if I had any materials applied... which I don't :)

Hmmm....

I think that Form.z applies the term "logo.jpg" automatically to a lost or corrupt texture map.  I for one keep most of my texture maps in one place.  However, I have found that when a map is lost then form.z creates a new map in the Form.z folder under Textures.  If it is corrupt then you won't be able to even open it in PS. 

Now for the issue of materials.  Are you saying that you have no materials with any attached image files for your model?  Now that would be weird to get that error.  Has Tech given you any insight?

...two things that might help. its seems like all the way back in FormZ history, the jpeg format has been a bit wonky. I have trouble with jpgs that have a progressive compression in their save format and end up re-saving maps as a baseline compression in photoshop or other. This usually solves 99% of the problems. I sometimes will grab an image off the net no knowing its got the advance compression saved and this is when it wont map properly.

The second issue is with the latest formZ and Mac Mojave. I've been having problems saving rendered views AS jpegs. The process can sometimes crash formZ, so I've gone back to my old standard of saving rendered views as compressed tiff files.

I think that Form.z applies the term "logo.jpg" automatically to a lost or corrupt texture map.  I for one keep most of my texture maps in one place.  However, I have found that when a map is lost then form.z creates a new map in the Form.z folder under Textures.  If it is corrupt then you won't be able to even open it in PS. 

Now for the issue of materials.  Are you saying that you have no materials with any attached image files for your model?  Now that would be weird to get that error.  Has Tech given you any insight?

On 1/2/2019 at 6:31 PM, Andrew West said:

Hey Andrews :) & thanks for the help!

Correct - I am not creating or applying ANY materials, just letting the default material do its thing.

Archived