AutoDesSys

tool bar issues

pipo

On the latest version i accidentally expanded the tool bar to a single stack

How do I return to the vertical double stack

Also i seem to have 2 trash tools and can't delete the duplicate

How to rectify both of these things ?

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 3.31.42 pm.png

collapse to single row created this problem in the first place...and created two trash icons

wanted the original double vertical stack

Solved by removing my custom workspaces and returning to the =preset modelling workspace

Next issue , how to delete custom tool palettes showing in the palettes dropdown ?

Double stack like the attachment is what I was after

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 1.34.20 am.png

After you throw away your now corrupted preference folder, make sure you uncheck Save Between Sessions in the workspaces manager.  This will lead to constantly corrupting your workspace with weird things like that double trash can.

Hopefully Tech is listening and we can get rid of the rediculous preference file issues that no other modern program has.  Are you listening Tech??? 

Hmmmm

Ditching the preferences file was the first thing I did with no result

The odd thing is that this problem recurred on both 8.5 and 8.6

I had been retaining 8.5 as the earlier 8.6 refused to import obj files.....

This at least is working now on the latest build

Any answer on  how to delete custom tool palettes showing in the palettes dropdown ?

You need to reset your workspaces in the workspaces manager.  Try reloading the default and then close formz.  Reopen Formz and open the workspaces manager and uncheck Save Between Sessions.  Now you should have your default toolbars back that you can't mess up again without saving it intentionally. 

I hate the whole workspaces concept and think they should be abandoned and we should just have these tools all available but better organized in the UI.   Hoping v9 addresses this major shortcoming that makes Formz difficult to approach for new users. 

No matter what I do these  tool palettes keep reappearing 

Reset everything

replaced prefs

Can I remove these "my tool Palette' files from somewhere in a folder somewhere

Annoying as every time I launch Z i have to click these three toolbars off

Hmmm.  All these things should be retained in your preference folder only unless I am confused .....which is often the case.  When you deleted your preference folder did you go to:

C drive/Users/Your computer name/ App data/Roaming/Autodessys?

Do you have multiple copies of either Form.z or V-ray on your drive?

From a Tech post years ago...

You can completely reset the formZ Preferences by Quitting formZ and renaming the autodessys: formZ folder. (Just add an X to the end of the name of the folder or delete it.)

On Windows, this is located in C:\users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\ 

(Note that [USER] is the name with which you log onto your computer, and if you don't see the App Data folder, you can show this by going to the Windows Explorer: Tools Menu: Folder Options: View Tab -- and choosing Show Hidden Files, and clicking OK.) 

On a Mac, this is located in HOME: Library: Preferences. 

(Note that HOME refers to Hard Drive: Users: your login name, and if you don't see a Library folder in this location, you can access it by going to the Finder: Go Menu, holding down the Option key -- and it will appear below HOME.) 

Don't forget to quit formZ first, and when you relaunch formZ it will automatically recreate a new formZ  folder with default settings. Then if you decide you no longer need the old formZ X folder, you can delete that at any time. 

Archived