AutoDesSys

can not find control for shade value

Josephus

I am trying to match the sun and shade values in the background image (yellow house).  I can not get the shade (right/front) side of the red building to get dark enough.  Seems like there is a "darkness threshold" I can not get past...i can get it lighter by increasing by increasing the sky environment override multiplier, but I can not get it less than 1.  I tried the color settings but could not get it light enough.  Any suggestions would be helpful.332907285_vrayshading.thumb.JPG.3c1b854c039ad360deed5d009aa208e6.JPG

Thank you for that suggestion, altho prob looks a little closer overall to the photo, still not getting enough contrast difference between sunlit side and shaded side, both are still too close in value.  I can adjust some in PS, but would seem like with a state of the art renderer like VRay that one should be able to get pretty close without having to resort to PS.

I agree.  You should be able to get it darn close inside of VRay.  

Take a look at the Sun light documentation (For VRay for Max, but it's basically the same as our VRay for FormZ).  Perhaps there is another setting you can play with to get it closer.  Shadow bias or the Size multiplier, both have effects on the way shadows appear from the Sun light.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Sun+and+Sky+System+|+VRaySun#SunandSkySystem|VRaySun-Example:ShadowBias

Archived