AutoDesSys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3dworks

export geometry with cameras and lights, please provide a solution!

I am currently struggeling when i try to export camera (and to a minor level light information) from my FZ scene via DAE or FBX to other programs like C4D or Lightwave. The exported FBX files have all cameras set at to position 0,0,0. Unfortunately, the DAE export module lost the ability to export cameras when FZ jumped from version 7 to 8.x... So one workaround is to save the scene in V7 format and then export from FZ V7 as DAE. But please could you reintroduce camera and light exports in DAE for V 8.x or - if you consider collada DAE as a dead end - at least fix FBX and make it a reliable exporter for geometry, hierarchies, textures, surface definitions, cameras and lights?

The interchange between 3d platforms nowadays is more vital than ever to keep FZ part of production pipelines. Removing features out of existing export modules is the wrong way to go. Keeping updated and bug fixed import and export modules is the best way to convince old and potentially new users to integrate FZ within their pipeline.

Another workaround is to use VRML format.

thanks setz, but this will only work (VRML2  format only) with C4D but not with Lightwave, which does support this format only in modeler for exporting object data.