AutoDesSys

Problems with Textures

Duncan303

Hi,

I've had a look through forum and found a similar topic.

When using the preset textures image with shaded and shaded full everything is fine.

When you go to do a full render you get an error message and the textures are missing.

I tried the fix in the previous thread, going in to Go menu, library, preferences, autodesys and changing name of folder, didn't fix the problem and found that when i opened form z next time a new folder was created in this location and all my preferences had reset.

Any thoughts whats going on here. Basically means i can't use render zone in Form Z 8 and can't back save to version 7 because textures are all missing there too.

look forward to your response.

Hi Duncan,

Yes, renaming the autodessys folder when formZ is not running will reset the preferences and recreate a new folder with default settings.  To restore your settings, quit formZ again, delete the new folder, and rename your old folder to autodessys.

By default, Image maps are embedded in the file and can be used with the Shaded Displays, but RenderZone still uses the original map file.  If that file is moved (or if the formZ file is moved relative to those image files) then they will need to be relinked.  You can also use the Recreate Texture button at the bottom left of the Missing Texture window, and that will automatically regenerate the image file if that is possible.

The best method is to simply not move files or maps relative to each other.  Either keep a standard library of materials, or always keep the image maps relative to the project.  If you do have missing maps, go to the File Menu: Project Info: Linked files -- and properly relink the files there.  Then save, close, and reopen the file and they should now be linked properly from then on (as long as these files are not moved, renamed, and the path to the files remains the same).

Hi Duncan,

As far as we are aware, they will automatically be found unless the name of the file or the path to them (or perhaps the permission to read the file) has changed.  

If you are able to open the file with an older version of formZ and they are found properly, but then you open the file in a newer version of formZ on that same computer and they are not found, the first thing I would check is the Search Path settings in the older version -- and make sure these are set in the new version too (and then they should be found there as well…)

Archived