AutoDesSys

Fader Animation with a Color Map Image

gwertz

I'm doing a short animation that simulates a fader(where an Image Color Map appears and disappears. I read the manual about Animating a Material as my reference.

I'm attempting to apply an Image Color Map fade in and out on a face not a solid color. When I adjust my animation timeline to the midpoint of the animation to apply the image on the face, it won't allow it.

Thanks in advance!

Greg.

Hi Greg,

We are not sure if we are understanding your question or your issue correctly, but we created a simple animation with a texture on the face of an object, and animated the transparency so the image faded out, and then faded back in again.  Please find this file attached:

trans matl.zip

(A .MOV animation file is included in the archive that you can play to see what we get.)

Is that what you are trying to do, or does that help you get what you want?

Or perhaps the issue is that you did not yet generate a RenderZone Animation of your material?  (Animated Materials are only supported by RenderZone, and can not be displayed by the Shaded (OpenGL) modes -- at least not yet…)

That's it! Is there any way that you could make the attachments FmZ 7 files? If so, then i can dissect the settings. I never tried to create a RenderZone Animation with my file... At the moment, unable to test... that's probably it.

Thank you!

Archived