AutoDesSys

Fmz8 Imager

DennisA

Alan, no problem you should give the imager a try... You can batch process multiple projects.

Thanks Dennis, but I cannot find enough information about Imager, or is it the pet name for what the manual calls Network Rendering, as there is a reference in that chapter to 'the imager window'?

Basically you open imager, add a fmz project, choose a view or scene (these are saved when you worked in project), select rendering type by double clicking on pull down menu and pick generate to process on local computer.(Network Render will process on a render farm)

You can also change display and image options. 

It is good to batch render multi projects.

Hi Dennis,

Yes, currently the Imager does use all processors by default, does remain in the foreground, and can blank out while rendering on certain OS X systems.  To make other processors available in other programs, go to the Imager Preferences and choose a smaller number of processors to be used by the Imager (thus making them available to the other programs.  You can also just drag the Imager Window to the edge of the screen so you can access the windows in other programs.

Thanks for your report (of the latter 2 issues), we will get these corrected.   

Hi

I have just upgraded to v8 from 6 and I am rendering the performance file using the imager - as I think has already been mentioned, the imager window 'greys out' and goes blank - is this normal?

I have successfully rendered the file but it does seem odd not being able to see any progress (as I used to see in v6) - it would be useful to see this especially when rendering multiple files/views

thanks

steve

Archived