AutoDesSys

Example Images

Andrew West

And thank you for your comment. I almost forget. 😊

This was nice project to do. The customer was very co-operative and the schedule was reasonable.

Now when the project is done I can share these 360 panoramas which we used to show our proposal to the customer. Also V-Ray renderings.

https://momento360.com/e/uc/ae0d9bc4fbe94b4084b410230d73a8c9?utm_campaign=embed&utm_source=other

Great work Jaakko! How did you generate this 360 panorama? Did it take a long time to render?

Question for everyone... I have a really big/important presentation coming up in a few weeks for a customer. I've only generated normal flat renderings in formZ & Vray and after seeing this 360 panorama it has me intrigued. My project isn't a full store interior, but only a 16ft inline run (give or take) of one wall section. Since a 360 panorama isn't necessarily needed for a single wall, I'm wondering has anyone ever tried other interactive ways for a presentation? I've tried some simple animations over the years but it's simply too confusing & time consuming for me to figure out, especially with a rapidly approaching deadline. I see there's a "generate object 360" but I've never tried that. Is that where someone can spin my model around and look at it? Anyone ever dabble in generating a VR type of scene with their 3D models? Open to any interactive ideas here to get the customer excited...

Thanks Tim! ☺️

From V-Ray Settings tabs choose:

-Camera Type: VR Spherical Panorama

-Render Output: 2:1 - VR Panoramic

My renderings were 4096 x 2048 pixl, that's largest what Momento360 site uses.

I don't remember exactly how long it took to render, but maybe less than an hour (i7, GTX 1080 card)

360 Panorama was great. I shared my screen during Teams meeting with the customer and was able to spin the Panorama there. 

I have tried object360, but if I remember correctly it doesn't work with V-Ray. Some one maybe knows better. That's a bitty because that type presentation would work better for single furniture etc.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jaako, this is a really cool design!

To be honest, I'm just a little bit distracted by the default visible Dome Light background.  I think a plain black or white background would look really nice here.  Or perhaps even another custom HDRI background other than the dome light?  I could easily see rendering it inside a high quality HDRI dome where it sits in a real photo.  Like one of these shopping mall HDRIs - https://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/mall-hdri.html

• 5 weeks later...

Andrew, how much of this is your compositing method vs. a new Twinmotion method? Are we seeing a difference in this behind the scenes area? Cuz if this is TM, you could animate. I am still using VRay for stills myself, though. I can then take to TM, and relight and animate. Not the same quality, but so far everyone is pleased with the real-time lighting it is close enough.

• 1 year later...

I realize that I am about 2 years late in answering your question.  I have been trying to retire for a while now and just can't seem to do it.   I got bored and my clients wouldn't let me go.  

To answer your question, that image was done in Vray and Photoshop.  As for animations I have been using TM lately and it works okay.  The biggest issue is the lack of photorealistic plants and trees.  The stock ones that come with TM are not that great except at a distance.  However, there are third party assets that work much better and TM is constantly upgrading their offerings in this regard.  My only advice is to use these higher res better models sparingly.  They can quickly bog down a rendering.  

My clients use of animations has never been about photorealism though.  Most of them want a quick fly through to better demonstrate the complexity of a project.  The other real strength of TM is the ability to create multiple view points very quickly without the need to composite in PS.  These are great for client meetings and the lack of photorealism is actually an advantage.  

While this comment may be misplace here the only real flaw I find in TM is its interpretation of glass.  If they could figure out how to create a realistic glass for us architects that would go a long way to improving their product and expanding their base.