AutoDesSys

Example Images

Andrew West

23 hours ago, Andrew West said:

It is also worth reiterating something I have posted about in the past. Which is the Material ID channel option.  If selected in Render Elements and your all your materials have ID numbers then it is very easy to isolate objects, adjust materials and adjust curves and colors in PS.  Works a lot like an alpha channel for every material independently.  I love this feature and it saves me a LOT of time.

OK, I gotta get my head around that. I've seen your posts explaining but never really delved in, I'll check it out.

Hi!

Last week I did a quick rendering of the droplet protection shield (don't know right english name) to the counters in the pharmacies. We use that picture in the prochure. The acrylic shield went to production and now we are delivering them to the pharmacies all over country. 😀

A rendering and a final product (custom size) in place. 

pisarasuoja1.jpg

pisarasuoja2.jpg

Edited by Jaakko

Thank you Andrew and you are right reflection is missing. We had a hurry to get this product to the market. There was and still is a huge need for those in different sectors.

Justin. Very nice and stylish renderings.

Let's hope that we all can keep our business rolling.

Excellent work Justin.  Thankfully I don't have to ask permission to post my images since it is written into my contract that I can use these for promotion of my business. 

This could be the last image I post for a while. 😣  Now entering another recession which will mark the 5th since I started working in architecture in 1984.   I am not sure which business is exempt from the up and down swings of our volatile economy but I am open to suggestions.  Lets hope this doesn't drag on for an extended time.  At least I now have time to play around with more features of my various programs.  Maybe I will finally figure out Caustics!

Underwood Final sm.jpg

On 3/26/2020 at 5:57 AM, Andrew West said:

Exceptional.  Really hard to tell which is the real one and which is V-ray which is the whole point.  The only thing missing in your shot was the reflection in the glass but no one would notice but us.   Good job.

Yes you can one has 'depth of field' turned on - OH! I'm assuming the one taken with the camera is using an lower aperture an hence  displays the foreground is not as clear.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Andrew West said:

Have you tried using Caustics yet?  Your image looks great but this is a good example of where that would make it even better.  

I did play around with it a bit but couldn't see any discernible difference in the rendering so I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

That was my experience as well which is why I asked.  I read somewhere once that Caustics only works with a direct sun light but I have not confirmed that yet.  Every once and a while I need to use this feature and it would be nice to have someone figure it out for us.  Keep up the excellent work.

AW

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, Andrew West said:

Its really quite simple:  Double click on your material to pull up the material parameters.  Go to the Vray tab of that material.  Below IOR is a Material Options button.  Open that and you will see a new palette with the Material ID button already highlighted.  Type in a number from 1 to whatever.  That number corresponds to a base color that will be assigned to that material in  a separate channel during the final render.  Now in your Vray settings palette scroll down through your Render Elements and select Material ID.  I also select Reflection, Depth of Field, Denoiser and a few others.  When you render your final image you will get each of these in a separate channel to be loaded in PS.  To save those separate channels just choose that option at the top of the render window rather than just saving the current channel. 

I think I've finally got my head around this and have been playing around.

Not sure if I'm using it right but I saved a regular RGB image and then a Material ID image (both as PNG's)

I opened the Material ID file and copy/pasted it as a new layer into my RGB image.

Using that layer I selected the area of the Material then switched layers and adjusted the levels on the original RGB image layer

Does that sound right ?

Results below....

Untitled 1.png

untitled 2.png

Richard

That is exactly correct.  For my interiors I generate a unique ID color for each material by using that drop down tab in the V-ray settings.  You will end up with a hideous image like this one.  Bring it into photoshop and whip out your magic wand to select the color.  Then switch to your RGB image and do your color adjustments.  

Deck to LR view 1.MaterialID.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those of you who are not aware the ability to use Material IDs is only available through CPU and it is not supported in GPU rendering.  I wish I could use GPU since it is so much faster but it doesn't even support alpha channels without which  the above image would have been impossible.  

• 1 month later...