AutoDesSys Forums
Andrew West

Example Images

Tim

Thanks for the tip on the Adobe models.  I took a look at those and found them to be pretty primitive.  Even the premium ones seem a little crude, especially for $20 each.  I like to use 3D Sky for most of my imported models.  They are all $6 each and some are really fantastic.    When I absolutely can't find what I need there I will go to TurboSquid which is pricey but excellent.  Now it is worth reminding everyone that Anton has been trying to put together a 3D model site for us here using Form.z.  I have put a few in there but it would really take the whole community chipping in to fill that site with a wide variety of usable models.  It is just a bit of a time commitment to package things up and upload them.  Maybe I can add a lot more during the next major recession. 

AW

On 8/21/2019 at 9:06 AM, Jaakko said:

Here is one design for recycling box for the old eyeglasses. Unfortunately it didn't end up to production.

recycle.jpg

This is great.... how did you do the texturing on the rope handle ?

Posted (edited)

Thanks!

1. Do a nurbs curve. 2 Make a cylinder = thickness of rope. 3. Give it a cylinder texture. 4. Change texture to a UV coordinates (Edit Texture Tool). 5. Then use Bend Along Path tool to a cylinder, the rope texture should now follow nicely the curves. 

Hope this helps :)

rope.jpg

rope2.jpg

köysi.jpg

Edited by Jaakko

Posted (edited)

Here is a simple composite I just did. The AC unit is a photo, the mounting hardware is what we sell here at our company. I do a lot of stuff like this.

Disclaimer... the AC part is a Getty Image that my company purchased the rights to, so please don't use this image for any reason.

LDR_Single_Unit_1500.jpg

Edited by johnalexander1571

Yes, I used the S-Scatter tool for those. There are about 24,000. I have a powerful machine. I will tweak my recipe next time, I didn't do enough variation in the scale of the stones. I would do some more texture variation as well.

It has been a while since posting anything here so I want to see if we can keep this going.  The point being that the more we show people what the capabilities of Form.z and V-ray are the more attention the program will get.  That in turn could lead to more sales and money for development.  So here is another little project I have been working on lately. 

Tamarack Ski View Final 2sm.jpg

Photoshop.  Some of it was from photos I had taken and some was just painted in.  It is often hard to know when to stop wasting time modeling and just leave it for post production.  It is just important to organize your work so that any post production work can be reapplied to models as they evolve (which happens constantly).

Thanks

It is the subtle little details that are always the difference in photo realism.  Dirt and defects being the major one.  Texture alignment and repetition is the other.  It takes surprisingly little time to dirty up a model using the right PS brushes