AutoDesSys Forums
Andrew West

Example Images

Just sharing a little of the WIP on the bath scene Andrew and I were both playing with separately.  It's been fun working through more of these VRay features.  I hope the next version of VRay for FormZ gets the new features of VRay Next, which has many more GPU improvements like displacement, environment fog, etc...

Montoya-bathroom-8.effectsResult.jpg

Nice image. Especially the background. It looks nordic forest, which is familiar to me. I hope the walls are well insulated and there are triple glazing. 😉

Nice work guys! I always find it challenging when I have to render clothing stores interiors because of the hanging clothes. Rmulley, yours look good!

Flakie, I always wonder why when I see exhibit renderings, the lights are always cold. Is it a personal preference or do clients ask for this? Or is it a hassle trying to get lights to look right given the fact that there are no light temperature settings for Vray?

When doing interiors I usually have to do two different lighting schemes.  One which is warm and inviting and has a certain amount of atmosphere to it. This is for my portfolio.   The other is the one the client requests which is cool and every material needs to be perfectly accurate to the material board or sample.  Interior designers are strange that way and not a whole lot of fun to work for.  Material accuracy can be very time consuming.

As for the clothing I think you could experiment with V-ray displacement to see if you can get it to loosen up a bit.  I use that tool a lot now and find it to be much faster and easier than straight modeling.

1 hour ago, allanjl said:

Nice work guys! I always find it challenging when I have to render clothing stores interiors because of the hanging clothes. Rmulley, yours look good!

The shirt is a bit washed out.... was rushing to run off a bunch of different renders. It's just a flat texture map with a transparency. 

2 hours ago, allanjl said:

Flakie, I always wonder why when I see exhibit renderings, the lights are always cold. Is it a personal preference or do clients ask for this? Or is it a hassle trying to get lights to look right given the fact that there are no light temperature settings for Vray?

Most exhibit lighting is LED or halogen which run cold. Even the show halls lights are now LEDs which also run on the cool side. I only added warmer lighting if i have incondesance  lighting within the space or a lighting rig that the client has requested.