AutoDesSys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ASONE

Sun settings not updating

The date on the V-Ray sun shadows does not update if I change the day of year slider.   The shadows do seem to follow the change in date when using the slider.  If I change the day or month the slider does not update and the shadows do not change.  Only the slider works to adjust shadows.  The time of day settings seems to be working. 

The angle of Site North is also not working for me.

Mac OS 10.12.6

Edited by ASONE

The problem is with the automatically generated V-Ray sun. If you create your own light source and switch it to V-Ray sun the Sun Position works as it should.

I am now getting everything to work except for the Date drop down menu.  The time slider and drop down for TIME works.  The slider for DATE works (the shadows move), but the drop down menu for DATE does not function.  Nor does the date update as the slider changes.  

Hi,

@AC1000 tried out your advice, to convert a FormZ sunlight to a Vray sun, and it worked for sun settings.

But unfortunately intensity isn´t working at all(0.03 or 2 -> no difference)!

Michael

Thats true, you can't control intensity from light panel for some reason. But you can control it from VRay Settings entering values into Multiplier number box.... 

Actually not the same thing....hmmmm.

Thanks @AC1000,

Have tried out multiplier! It seemed to have an influence on brightness of the light distribution(and brightness of background).

First image with multiplier 0.2, second with 2.0. But it is rather confuse that intensity is doing nothing! 

btw, trying clippers with proxies!

Cheers 

Michael

post-11627-0-95120900-1521490559_thumb.jpg

post-11627-0-38916900-1521490581_thumb.jpg