AutoDesSys

form·Z 8.6 Pro WIP Download Available! ;)

Tech

All,

We have been working on an update to formZ v8 and we are pleased to announce that the form·Z 8.6 Pro WIP Download is now available.

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_work_in_progress.html

Please note that you need to be a v8.5 user in order to register and use this version (it will use you 8.5 codes.)

We kindly request that you submit any bug reports, observations, issues, or suggestions directly to support@formz.com so we can make formZ the best it can be!

For those who are wondering....our focus is on formZ v9, but we felt that these incremental improvements were too valuable to wait for.

Thanks in advance, and Happy Modeling!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This update is looking good.  While trying it out I selected the move tool and was blown away by all the new features in the new Tool Option Menu.

After reading bbuxton's post about opening old versions of FZ, I had to give it a spin.  Worked perfectly. 

Thanks AutoDesSys for hearing us all and giving us what we request!

Kim

I've tried to install the 8.6 Pro WIP but when i put in my serial and codes announce  a warning that i'm using excede keys so doesn't let me install

how can i resolve this??.

Thanks

You must be on another computer as it should populate with already entered 8.5.7 codes. Otherwise contact support and get them to reset your license.

formZ pro 8.6 WIP has been updated. You can download from the same location (http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_work_in_progress.html)

New in build #9985:

- Arc Tools now work properly.
- Walkthrough tool now stops properly.
- Zoom Options "Zoom Frame By Center" and "Zoom Frame By Corners" restored for the Zoom Frame tool.
- Materials palette context menu now has an option to select All Objects/Faces that are assigned a the selected material .
- Transform options now work properly.
- Unclone tool restored.
- 3DS export no longer fails when an object contains a degenerate 2 sided face.
- Various stability and performance improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

I really can't even test 8.6.  Most of my files will not open in 8.6.  Files that have no issues in 8.5.7.  I tried copying some objects from a 8.5.7 file into a new blank file and object doctored the entire file.  Saved it and it still crashed in 8.6.  

Okay, now that we finally have the clones back .... how do i un-clone ? Lets say i have cloned 20 windows but only one needs to be changed, how do i un-clone this one window so the other 19 windows change too ?

After playing a bit with clones i must admit the cloning tool is very intelligent. I can open one window without affecting the other cloned windows, just changing materials or changing elements will affect the clones too.

Archived