AutoDesSys

FZ pro 8.5.7 build 9929 - cannot activate maxwell V3.2.1.7

3dworks

i still need to use my old maxwell version from time to time, but i cannot activate my V3.2.1.7 maxwell plugin anymore on my mac. the maxwell suite is correctly licensed via rlm server and my license is a permanent full suite license. if i launch the maxwell render app standalone on the same mac licensing is active and recognized. if i launch FZ it will always ask for licensing, and MXS export is disabled. i did run the activation procedure several times with positive result, but FZ will not accept the licensing.

i need urgently to export my scene as MXS, what can i do to use my licensed plugin?

OSX 10.12.6 here.

kind regards

markus

Hi Smarttec, i don't have V4, and my old V3 license is installed and working with the suite, but not with the FZ plugin. the FZ plugin does not even save MXM when not activated. I did try a demo of V4, that might be the issue. But I don't know where to look to fix this problem. to be clear again: i never upgraded to V4 (the upgrade price for is too high compared to the usefullness, as my main render and animation program, lightwave is not supported anymore).

I get it - so the Suite/Studio v3 license is working ( and is a Floating license ) but the fmZ license won't activate - your right it must be an RLM server issue.

Have you tried raising a ticket on your "Maxwell Portal" with this information - it looks more like a Maxwell issue. 

Otherwise Pylon, Ben may be able to help over on the FmZ Maxwell forum - he's the expert on fmZ/maxwell plugins.

Hi Markus,

It could be that your licenses are oversubscribed. Please restart ALL the machines on your network and see if that helps.

If not, please attempt to render your project with Maxwell again (Select Display> Maxwell Render). Then, open the plugin Log (Select Extensions> Maxwell Render> Log). Click on "Save Log" and save to your Desktop or other convenient location, then post the resulting log here, or send it to pylon_support.jpg

hi pylon, unfortunately this is still unsolved. restarting the server mac didn't help. also, if i select the log menu after hitting the maxwell render button (and getting the warning it is not licensed), i cannot see any entry which i could save...

markus

just as an update: i also tried to re-register FZ first. also i cannot get any registration with the previous version 3.2.1.6. unfortunately i have no 3.2.1.5 to try out, nor i can find it on next limits customer portal. if i register maxwell with the license activator, the response is "License saved correctly. License Type: MAXWELL SUITE FLOATING".

yes i did read this, and reverted back to V3.2.1.7. i did not try this as it's a mac dedicated only as file server, i will never use it for modeling. but as i wrote earlier, the maxwell suite is working perfectly on the same mac where FZ is installed. the lightwave plugin is running as well with no licensing issues.

however, in my memory i seem to remember having resolved a similar licensing issue some months ago by using V3.2.1.5, but i cannot find it on my backup. is there a way to download it somewhere to try?

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I understand that other apps are working on your production machine. I am trying to diagnose your issue, and if you don't run the tests requested, it makes it much less likely that I'll be able to figure out your issue. Please determine if formz/maxwell works directly on the server.

Also, please send us your license file. It is typically located at: /Users/Shared/NextLimit/rlm_nl/licenses/ and has the file extension .lic

pylon_support.jpg

Archived