AutoDesSys

Shadows through "HighGradeGlass"

ktejlgaard

Hi Ive spend hours trying to figure out why I cant see shadows cast from "HighGradeGlass" properly when looking through "HighGradeGlass" (see image)
The shadows cast from the glass get all black when wieved through the glass. I can get around it by using AGS but Im loosing detail on the shadows and reflections by doing so.
How can i get proper shadows when looking through the glass?

Kristoffer

post-16872-0-28113700-1503509918_thumb.png

Hi,
Hiding from GI is part of the "work-around" and then having an additional object with AGS that is hidden to the camera, casting the shadows.
But it seems wrong that I cant use the proper shadows cast from "HighGradeGlass" because they cant be seen through the glass itself?

Kristoffer

I agree. Please contact NL support (see link above) and provide your MXS and MXM as examples. This is not a formZ-plugin specific issue, so don't include your formZ project, or they will kick it back to me. ;)

post-36-0-58989000-1503618968_thumb.jpgHello,

Adjust the transparency setting in your MXM to a higher number and a greater amount of light will pass through your glass (and then, in effect, the glass will not cast a shadow). If you enter a transparency value greater than the size of your object, I believe 100% of the light will pass through it.

Gary

Archived