AutoDesSys

Formz and Anima 2

Imagix

I have a bit of a problem. I have to add people to a formz animation/scene (with simple camera motion). I have been looking at Anima...

- I can import my formz into Anima (fbx) and add people.

- I can export my Anima scene as fbx (lot's of fun settings)

- When I import the anima/fbx scenes into formz ,there i no motion. Characters just stand still at the center of the scene (one big mess).

Like I said there some setting when generation the fbx from Anima (see attached); animation preset, animation format and fbx version. Does anyone have experience with this / the correct settings? ...or is it even possible?

Thanks

Anders

post-228-0-72221000-1502450869_thumb.jpg

post-228-0-71906000-1502451221_thumb.jpg

post-228-0-31684200-1502451231_thumb.jpg

post-228-0-52041300-1502451238_thumb.jpg

maybe in the FBX import module animation is just not supported? i actually never tried to use FZ for animation, as my main animation program is lightwave. i also own an anima license and i am actually using it with lightwave...

Ok, I can't get Anima people into fz. I can though get them into Cinema 4D. Cinema must have much better fbx/animation support.

I already created stills for my client in fz, so I'd like to do my camera animation and rendering there. Now if I can get my fz animated camera into Cinema, then I could easily render the anima people separately and mix the main scene and people in post.

Question is (for you ADS), can I get my fz camera (animated) into Cinema?

I already tried fbx export/import with no luck. Also tried getting it to blender with no luck, so maybe 3dworks is right that fz does not support animation export/import with fbx? Is there another format i can use? Is a better fbx support coming?

Thanks

Anders

Archived