AutoDesSys

import 2D AutoCad shapes

RogerMal

The best answer I can give without seeing the file is Maybe.   I have had some limited success doing this in the past.  Upon import I check the box to construct 3d solids which tends to join lines together to some degree.  Then they will extrude properly.  I often find that using the drawings as an underlay for my model is just as efficient (depending on complexity).

I agree with Andrew. I simply trace, it just goes faster. But if you have closed polylines and they are FLAT, you should be fine. After importing it's easy to see what form•Z considers a closed shape as it will be a closed loop with a shaded surface, not just lines. If that doesn't happen, one or more of the requirements I mentioned earlier aren't met.

RogerMal, 

If you Pick them and go to the Pick Tool Options and click on the Info Tab, what is the Topology Type?  It's possible these shapes appear to be closed, but are in fact Open Wires.  If they are open, you can use the Close Line tool on them to turn them into a Closed Wire/Surface (if planar).

Also, make sure you are in Shaded Mode to confirm that the surfaces are there, you cannot see the surfaces in Wireframe mode.

Archived