AutoDesSys

[Q] how do I move dimension arrows outside of leader lines?

Pobo

Can someone help me on which setting determines whether arrow heads end up inside or outside of the leader lines?

Clearly, here the 4mm dimension should have its arrow heads outside of the leader lines. I've found the 'Dimension Style' palette but I still cannot figure it out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tom

post-9347-0-52187800-1497181556_thumb.jpg

Many, many times I have put up with arrows being less than optimally displayed for small distances, but usually diagrams are for my own use so I don't waste time on the 'problem'. Presumably you have set up a few different dimension styles you can use so you have a range of sizes available. If you need to manually edit the positions of the arrows you may get the effect you want with the explode dimension tool, but depending on your choice of font, all your dimensions may then require exploding and applying a black material to them to show consistency. If the size of the dimensions are set to display according to 'screen' in the dimension properties, they will change direction according to factor of zoomed view, but in my experience too, they do not seem to flip at the ideal time especially if they are quite large.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived