AutoDesSys

Space navigator tilt

dubir

I'm having the same issue.

it seems the 3dxWare settings app does not recognize FormZ as an active application.

the advance settings dialog shows the current app in the top of the window. "chrome" or "Outlook" but never for FormZ

Bart

Looks like the PC Configuration is different from the MAC.

3DxWare It looks for the last application to have focus and brings up the config for that app only.

i don't get a list of apps to choose from and, it never seems to recognize FZ as the active app.

BTW, I downloaded the latest driver to double check my result before posting.

I don’t see any single button to lock-out “tilt” in my 3DxWare 10 on 2012 MacPro (OS X 10.12.4) .  Oddly, my 2011 MacMini (OS X 10.12.3) seems to have a different OS panel, with a tilt/spin/roll check box. (I don’t use the mini for formZ). 

I do see a drop down menu in the MacPro, to convert each individual tilt into some other function, currently. It would take a lot of time to fiddle with this sort of locking. 

Generally speaking the Connexion devices have never inspired me to lock or adjust anything as it is only good for a limited set of  navigating functions.  EG : I much prefer zooming and panning with short cut keys, except for very fine adjustments with Connexion devices, (because these have been very slow acting for some operations. Response seems to vary with projects).  I have always preferred the general connexion styled navigation, despite the outrageous draw backs…. Another draw back is that sometimes all the Connexion functions are skewed so i’ll useSetView instead.

I have used Connexion devices since formZ fist introduced them, so very long ago.

I turn the tilt function off too in the 3dC control panel. I hate that motion, but I didn't find it difficult to do that on the PC side. I just don't have it available at the moment to see what I did.

I can't live without the device... it's so much better than working with the camera limitations of constantly fighting with the COI of the camera rig (like when it gets too short) and the jumpiness of the zoom factor.

Archived